33 - Forgiveness at Deadline

Forgiveness is not always easy. At times, it feels more painful than the wound we suffered, to forgive the one that inflicted it. And yet, there is no peace without forgiveness. - Marianne Williamson

Morgan

I woke up from my sleep suddenly thirsty. It always been like this, my sleeping schedule wasn't the best so i'll wake up for something to drink or to use the bathroom. Crawling out of my bed i hung my body off the side sliding down until my bare feet touched the floor. 

"Faye, fucking listen to me! I'm getting custody of my daughter whether you like or not." i heard my daddy say a bad word. Tip toeing out of my room, i made sure to walk along the floor boards that i knew that didn't creek. 

"Antonio you won't take my baby. Not my baby." I heard her sob, the sound of her crying made me stop walking. I didn't like when she cry. 

"Faye, you wont be able to provide for her if you don't have a job to get any money. You need me and if you don't have me what can you do for her?"  My dad fussed, i heard a cuss word whisper out of my mother mouth before i heard a smacking sound followed by the sound of things shattering. I got an sadden feeling in my heart as i crepes down the steps into the kitchen. 

My mommy and daddy normally fought like this, i try not to get in between it because i don't want to be yelled at. Since the stairs led into the kitchen i quickly stood on top of my step stool that was already in front of the counter where the Faust was. I easily and quietly turned it on and filled up my favorite cup half way. 

"Faye i'm not fucking playing with you! Stop fucking hitting me." my dad sounded mad. He normally don't get mad but when he does i get scared, he stayed to his word and never got mad at me because it frighten me. 

"What? Your gonna hit me? I dare you! I fucking dare you Antonti-" that's when i heard her scream which nearly made me drop my cup. 

"I'm getting tired of you hitting me like I'm your damn bitch. Faye i'll kill your ass and don't think i wont." 

My heart sped up, i never heard him say something that mean. i drunk some my water before carefully stepping down. Walking in the direction of the living room, what i seen made my eyes widen. 

"I'll love to see you do it." was what she said stabbing him in the chest. The first time, he grabbed her arm before falling to the floor where she kept stabbing him  with the small knife she normally kept in her purse. 

Dropping the cup onto the floor the water that was still inside flooded around my feet, as a scream escaped my lips and a tear ran down my face. 

"Mor-gann" my dad voice cracked i stand in the puddle of water not able to move, i was in shock. My mom quickly pulled the knife out and ran to me. "Morgan, look everything will be alright!" 

shaking my head no, my lip quivered, "You hurt daddy! I hate you!" 

"Morgan." I looked up to see Vivian looking at me. I was unfamiliar with the look in her eyes but i brushed it off. With the whole feud we basically had-- i don't know what made me actually tell her that. I never told anybody that story. Not even Loren. I felt somewhat relieved that i did then again i feel what i felt than. 

"When i went 'M.I.A' on Chris for some months, what actually happened was i was hiding from my mom. Before her condition got brutal, Andre told her where i stayed and she went looking. I had to wait until she gave up to come back." i said, i've been wanting to say that for a while. It isn't no point to tell Chris that because i'm not even a factor in his life.