Chapter 2

I leave the dinning area of the restaurant and go the opposite the way I came, starting my search for the security office (along with a way out). I notice that all of the hallways look exactly the same: broken, dust covered tile floors, ripped wall paper, cobwebs, and flyers about Freddy's; just like the one I woke up in. I search every room I pass, hoping to find anything that may help me. I turn the corner after just passing a bathroom when I hear a deep, distant laugh. Not like a happy laugh, but an evil villain type laugh. 'What was that?' . I turn around and walk back the way I came, hoping I don't run into whatever made the noise.

After walking for a while, I get to a room with a locked door. Frustrated, I look around trying to find something that may help me get in. It's a simple wooden door with an old lock that looks easy to pick. 

"Perfect." I whisper to myself, after eyeing a paper clip on a near by bulletin board. I grab it and jam it into the lock, twisting and turning it around until I hear a satisfying click. A small smile grew on my face as I twisted the knob and went inside. The security room! I almost jump for joy when I see a phone. I look around for a power generator,but find nothing. I decide to try the phone anyway. I pick it up and put it to my ear and stare at the numbers. 

'Why can't I remember anything?' I wonder, confused. I set the phone down and turn to search the file cabinets for anything useful. The security room is quite small, with two closed metal doors on each side. I realized I came in through the back door. 'What's on the other side of the metal ones?' The room is painted a bright maroon, with random pictures and flyers like the hallways. Next to a switch, there's a screen with the security footage. 'Why is this working if the generator is turned off? Is it even off?'

I take a quick glance at it then go back to my work. Also, there is a power switch with a smaller screen telling how much power is left. I realize the power is off, but I'm assuming that if I move the switch to on, it will turn on. I switch it, and nothing happens. But then a low noise rumbles and suddenly a fan in the corner of the room turns on. Feeling a little safer I continue to search the file cabinets when the phone rings. I drop the papers in my hand and run to the phone and pick it up. "Hello? Can you hear me? Please help! I'm trapped here and I don't know where I am! I-" I get interrupted by a voice.

" You have 1 new message. Message recorded February 23"

"Hello? Hello, hello? Uh, I wanted to record a message for you to help you get settled in on your first night. Umm..., I actually worked in that office before you. I'm... finishing up my last week now as a matter of fact so... I know it can be a little overwhelming, but I'm here to tell you: there's nothing to worry about, uhh, you'll do fine!"

I sigh in slight relief as he says that, even though he doesn't sound completely sure of what he said. Should I trust this guy?

"So.. Let's just focus on getting you through your first week, okay? Uh.. Let's see. First, there's an introductory greeting from the company I'm supposed to read. Eeh, it's kinda a legal thing, you know. 'Welcome to Freddy Fazbear's pizza: a magical place where kids and grow ups alike, where fantasy and fun come to life. Fazbear entertainment is not responsible for damage, property or person. Upon the discovery of the damage or death of the third, a missing person's report will be filled within the ninety days or as soon as property and premise have been thoroughly cleaned and bleached, and the carpets have been replaced.' Blah,blah,blah. Now that might seem bad, I know, but there's really nothing to worry about."

I feel shivers running through me, feeling a lot less comfortable and trusting of this guy as I did when he said it was safe the first time.

" Uhh, the animatronics here do tend to get a bit quirky at night, but do I blame them? No! If I were forced to sing... the same stupid songs for twenty years and I never got a bath? I'd probably be a bit irritable at night too. So just remember: these characters hold a special place in the hearts of children. You need to show them a little respect. Right? Okay."

The animatronics get quirky at night? Oh gosh, would that mean they are moving around right now? I didn't see them on the stage....

"So just be aware: the characters do tend to wander a bit. Uhh.. something about their servos locking up if they get turned off for too long. Uhh... they used to wander during the day too, but then there was the bite of '87. Yeah.. i-it's amazing how the human body can live without the frontal lobe, ya know?"

It's April now, so does that mean the animatronics were off this whole time? And I wonder why the machine said 'new message' if it was recorded in Febuary?

"Now concerning you're saftey..."

'Uh-oh, what does he have to say about that?'

"The only real risk to you as a watchmen here, if any, is the fact that these characters....uhh, if they happen to see you after hours they probably won't recognize you as a person. They'll p- most likely see you as a metal endoskeleton without it's costume on. Now, since that's against the rules here at Freddy Fazbear's pizza, they will probably try to.... forcefully stuff you inside a FreddyFazbear suit."

'What the heck kind of place is this! Couldn't I die if I stayed here any longer? Why would they even have animatronics in the first place? And why would someone even have this job?' All of the thoughts flow through my head as he continues.

"Um, now that wouldn't be so bad if the suits themselves weren't filled with crossbeams, wires, and animatronic devices, especially around the facial area. So, you could imagine how having your head forcefully pressed inside one of those could cause a bit of discomfort... and death. Uh, the only parts of you that would likely see the light of day again would be your eyeballs and teeth when they pop out of the front of the mask, heh."

Oh. My. Gosh. I don't wanna die here! I don't want to encounter these stupid animatronics! I can't even remember why I'm here in the first place!

" Y-yeah, they don't tell you these things when you sign up. But hey, first day should be a breeze. I'll chat with you tomorrow. Uh, check those cameras, and remember to close the doors only if absolutely necessary. Gotta conserve power. Alright, good night."

The message ended and I just sat there, wide eyed, about what I just heard. I put the phone down, sat in the office chair, closed my eyes, and tried to take in the information I just heard.

Thanks for reading the second chapter! I told you it would be longer, and it is! (By more then double the lengh of the first chapter ;))

Anyways, Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to

Comment,

Vote,

And of course,

READ!

Thanks again!

- Abby :)