Chapter 14

I can't stop crying. I can't believe what just happened. He isn't gone. He can't be gone.

The only person that was keeping me sane, keeping me happy, gone. Right before my eyes.

I can hear noises coming from the room with the suits, but I can just barley hear them over my muffled cry's. I try to slow my breathing, but the images of Jonathan ripping his hand from mine keeps replaying over and over again in my mind. I feel so, guilty, I could of pulled him back.

But I think of playing Life with him, in the closet. Hearing all the cheesy jokes, and the look on his face after he read them. My breathing starts to slow, now that I'm distracting myself. But then I hear a noise coming from the stage. Did Jonathan escape Bonnie? I lean forward and  lift the table cloth just enough that I can see the stage, but my heart ache's even more. It's Bonnie, coming down the stairs. I lower the table cloth and sit back on my knees, more tears flooding my eyes. If Bonnie's leaving, that means... Even the thought makes my heart rip into a million more pieces. I hear the metal steps make their way towards the entrance, and soon enough, I'm left in silence.

After what seems like five minutes, I wipe the tears from my cheeks and crawl back out into the dining room. A sudden burst of anger hits me. Jonathan shouldn't of died. He didn't deserve it. I start to walk around the room, my hands still on my face. I look around the dining room, the first place I came to when I woke up here. When I woke up in this stupid place. My breathing quickens as more tears form. I grab the closest thing to me - which happens to be a chair - and I throw it at the black window. It doesn't get very far, but when it hits the ground, on of the legs falls off, giving me some sort of satisfaction. But it only lasts a second. I sit down in the nearest chair and just cry. I don't care if the chair makes the animatronics come. I don't care if I make it out of this place. Jonathan is- was the only person that was keeping my hopes up, but now he's gone.

But then I think about Jonathan. How much of a sweet, caring, funny person he was. I think about his enthusiasm, even in a situation like this. His determination to get out. He'd want me to get out. I can't just die here. If I do, Jonathan's death would of been for nothing. He let go of my hand to keep me safe, and I can't let it go to waste.

I lift my head from my tear covered hands and look around. I can't hear an animatronic, so I think they all are pretty far from here. With a loud sigh, I wipe the remaining tears from my face and get up. For some reason, the temperature seems to have dropped a few degrees, making my bare arms get covered with goose bumps. I cross my arms in front of me and slowly make my way towards the door. I watch my feet as I walk, noticing the trail of clean floor the animatronic made and it came in and out. I reach the doorway, and I stop. I turn around to face the dining room, and look around. My eyes fall on the stage, and I can barley see the door to the suit room is ajar. I turn from the sight and walk out the door.

I mindlessly walk the halls, looking for any means of escape. I check each door again, looking for anything we might of missed. But I see all the familiar sights to this place. I walk down hallways left and right, through hallways we didn't check out much, and hallways I recognize like they were halls in my home.

I yawn, feeling myself grow tired. I stop to rest, sitting against the wall, giving my aching feet a break. I close my eyes for a few seconds, but open them quickly when memories from not to long ago pop into my mind. I look around the hall, but something hits me. I haven't seen this hall before. I get up, making my feet twinge with each step. I try to ignore the pain and keep going, checking each door. I only see supply closets and bathrooms as I keep searching the hall. Half of me wants to find my way to the closet and come back tomorrow, but the other half says to keep looking. I decide to keep looking. I may find a way out, so I can get help from someone.

I realize just how long this hallway is, as it seems to go on forever. I notice a set of double doors on the right side of the hallway. As I get closer, I realize it's the end of the hallway, with another leading left. I go to the double doors, and I try to look through the glass window. But, like the windows in the dining room, the glass is pitch black. I grab a handle and pull, but the door wont budge. I grab both handles and pull, but nothing happens. I see a small hole above the right handle, and notice it's for a small key. I grab the paper clip from my pocket and twist it around with the same pattern I use on all the other doors, but it does't click. Confused, I take out the paper clip and pull on the handles. Still, nothing happening.

'I've got to find that key...' I think, annoyed.

I yawn once again, and decide to look for the closet. I turn around to face the other hallway, and I can tell it's familiar. I start to make my way down the hall, recognizing more and more of it the further I go. I finally come across a familiar turn, and right around it is the closet. I take the paper clip and place it in the lock, glad to be back. Once open, I look around. I see the boxes of Life and Monopoly, the joke book, the bag of chocolate chips, the plastic sack of granola bars and chips, and our water bottles, scattered across the closet with the other remnants that were there before. I smile a bit, seeing all the things we've brought back to the closet. I enter, locking the door behind me, and lay down. I start feeling that same pain in my heart, realizing how much colder it is in here without Jonathan by my side. My eyes start to tear up as I think of him. I have to stay strong. Once I find that key, who knows what's behind those doors? I close my eyes, letting the last few tears fall down my cheeks, and fall asleep instantly.

Well, that was a little sad. Well, I hope you guys are enjoying the story! It's hard for me to write without Jonathan being there. I miss him too! Well, thank you all so much for reading, and I really appreciate your support. I found this thingy on the website that tells me what country you guys are from that aren't private, and it turns out I have a few readers from all over the globe! That's really cool to know that, so I thought I'd tell you guys. Sorry this one's kinda short.

Don't forget to:

Comment

Vote

And of course, READ!

Thanks,

- Abby :)