Chapter 21

Jonathan's POV

I slam on the gas pedal, hoping to get to Kate before it's too late.

"Come on, turn green you stupid light!" I say to myself.

The light seems to be red for a million years when it turns green. I hit the gas and make the sharp corner, leading me onto the road I need to be on. Because I'm the only one on the street I slow down a bit and call Kate, praying she'll pick up.

*ring, ring, ring..*

'Please pick up the phone Kate...'

*ring, ring...*

"Jonathan, are you close?"

I sigh in relief, "Yeah, turning into the parking lot now." I say back as I make the sharp turn.

"Okay." I can hear the fear in her voice.

I pull into the parking space right in front of the restaurant and see Kate on the ground, looking around behind her. She looks through the glass door as I slam the door shut. 

I jog to the door and sit on the sidewalk so I'm looking straight at her.

"Jon... I saw the guy from the party, he drugged me." Kate says through the phone. I watch her lips move as she speaks, wishing we were on the same side of the door.

"I know. I don't know why someone would do that, or what his deal is, or if he has some kind of connection to everything that happened." I say, examining her. She looks even more scared then when we were at the other building.

She sighs and looks at the ground, then looks back at me.

"Is there anyone you can call? The manager, a security guard?" She says, her eyes full of hope and fear.

I think about that, and look at the windows and door of the restaurant, hoping for any phone number. But sadly, I find nothing.

"I can't find a number." I say sadly, and I watch the hope leave her face, making something inside me hurt. 

I look around one more time, and notice a sign that has the hours.

"Well, I don't know if it helps, but it says it opens at noon, but someone's got to come earlier. What time is it now?" I ask her. She moves the phone from her ear and the screen lights up. She put's the phone back to her ear, not looking any happier.

"10:47" She says with a sigh. Something inside me aches with pain just watching her be so sad. Anger at the guy who did this wells up inside me.

"Don't worry, Kate. You'll get out of here, and you're gonna be fine."

Kate's POV

I force a smile when Jonathan says that. I see him smile too, and watch as his eyes avert my gaze. But then his eyes widen and his smile quickly fades, causing me to panic. I suddenly hear the same song I heard when I first encountered an animatronic in the other building, and I quickly turn around to see the new animatronic Bonnie walking towards me.

"Kate, run!" 

I get up quickly and look around for an escape route as new Bonnie quickly approaches. I find a slender passage leading to a hallway and make a dash for it. 

Sprinting for my life, I twist and turn, never stopping as the music plays steadily behind me. 

"Kate! Kate are you okay? Ka-" I hear Jonathan yelling from the phone in my hand, before it beeps, notifying the call ended.

I keep running when the song of death starts to get more distant. I keep running until I can't hear it anymore. I slow down, out of breath, and look around. I spot another bathroom, and I walk in, locking the door behind me.