Chapter Five

"Hey, can you believe it? That detective guy is back!"

   "I was sure that guy died!"

   Hearing the chatter at school made Akira want to vomit. It felt wrong to hear everyone talk like that. Goro wasted no time in leaving Leblanc and getting back on TV to tell of his short disappearance.

"I was having some troubles at the time," Goro had said, "getting through it has definitely been a battle. I'm happy I have the support of all my fans, I'm grateful for you all."

   The damn words replayed in Akira's mind, among others; he was hearing a lot of weird things in his head today...

"Yo, Akira!"

Ryuji caught up with him, frowning once he saw the empty look on Akira's face.

"Dude... are you doing ok...? No offense but, you look like you were left in the rain for days..."

Akira blinked, not saying anything. Ryuji raised an eyebrow and look at Morgana poking out of the bag.

"Is he upset because of Akechi's bullshit?"

   "I think, but I don't know. He won't talk to me!" the cat said.

   "Hey man, I don't blame you." Ryuji shrugged. "You pretty much save his life and this is the thanks you get?"

Akira said nothing and kept walking.

"Uh... ok... see you later I guess..." Ryuji went on his way to class, failing to notice his friend was growing dizzy...

————

   Ann said hi to Akira when he entered class and sat in his seat behind her, like she always did. Akira didn't respond this time; Ann was quick to face him.

   "Are you ok? You look sick..."

   Akira stared at her, eyes empty.

   "Akira...?" Ann waved a hand in front of him. "Did you get any sleep last night? Are you taking those weird clinical things again...?"

   "Good luck getting through to him, he's acting like a zombie," Morgana spoke up,

   Akira continued to stare.

   "Is this... about Akechi...?"

   Akira folded his arms and laid his head down on the desk, a look of distraught on his face right before he broke eye contact.

   "Is he gonna be ok...?" Ann whispered to Morgana.

   "I'm not sure..."

   Ann didn't like that response but there wasn't much they could do if Akira wasn't willing to say anything.

   "Alright, let's settle down and start class!"

   Kawakami came in the room and clapped her hands to get everyone's attention. Still worried, Ann faced Akira again and shook him a little.

   "Akira, seriously! Are you ok? Please, you've gotta y'all to me!"

   He groaned and pulled his own hair.

   "Does something hurt? I can take you to the nurse!"

   Akira was groaning more and shaking his head. He sounded like he was suffering...