Chapter Twenty-Nine

Makoto and Ann were the ones to explain everything. Goro stood by Akira, keeping him from saying anything stupid. Kasumi was quiet for once, listening intently. As it turns out, she thought Akira and Goro were behaving suspiciously, so she followed them to Leblanc after they dropped her off. It was there she found one of Futaba's earpieces and put it in, accidentally crossing herself over.

"Ok, ok... you guys are like superheroes, and you make bad people change their ways and your... cat thing can talk... I kinda get it..." she said at the end.

"I'm sorry if this is confusing—" Makoto began to apologize.

"No, no, it's ok! It's just... so so much to take in, I..." Kasumi let out a quiet laugh, "I've known Miss Usagi for years and seeing all of that today, hearing her lash out the way she did..."

"It's scary seeing someone you look up to turn in such a way," says Yusuke.

"If I may, have you and him known each other long?" Haru gestured over to Akira.

"Yeah, maybe since I was seven and he was eight...? We went to the same school and took the same dance classes. I remember his little brother, Ren, so well! He used to get tired easily and never played, so I liked to sit with him so he could have a friend. The school nurse even showed me how to talk with him and how to tell if he needed to see her!"

   "Don't talk like you're special, Sumi, I've been speaking Ren's language since I was two," Akira spoke up. Goro took his hand and shot him a quiet look.

   "Yeah, so... how'd you guys end up dating...?" Ryuji asked.

   "And how'd that breakup go?" Futaba chimed in with a bit of a chuckle.

   Kasumi was about to speak, but she stopped and bit her lip. Instead, Akira took a step forward.

   "When we were kids, I thought she was annoying. But we both grew up a lil' and I realized she was actually pretty cute. Went on a couple dates and turns out, I was right the first time, she's just flat out annoying,"

   "Excuse you! Don't talk like you're innocent!" Kasumi stood and cried out.

   "Oh, what's that mean?"

   "Were you ever gonna tell me about your active sex life? You obviously weren't!"

   "Ok, one, that was from before we were dating! Two, we were together for only a month, like hell I was spilling everything that early!"

   Goro stiffened upon hearing that. Akira had an active what now? What kind of people did he do it with? Was he still like that? Everything became drowned out as Goro's mind went to a dark place.

   'Damn it... what if he's still like that? He does work at a bar, in fucking drag! But, he said he doesn't sleep with patrons like the girls there... was that a lie...? What if I don't please him...?'

   "Jesus Christ, Sumi, why are you getting so mad, you're the one that broke up with me!"

   "Maybe I have some bottled up anger I need to let out! And you aren't allowed to call me that anymore, that pet name is for boyfriends only!"

"Like hell any guy wants an annoying bitch like you!"

   Goro glanced up in time to see Ann and Morgana step between Akira and Kasumi, pushing them away from each other.

   "Enough already!" Morgana exclaimed. "Let's not forget we're still in a Palace therefore we have no time for this! You two can finish your lover's quarrel later!"