Chapter Thirty-Seven

Once they were all together on the beach of Akira's Palace, the Phantom Thieves were ready to go; naturally Morgana made himself the leader, much to Ryuji's annoyance.

   They were trekking through the jungle, keeping eyes out for Kasumi in all the green. Halfway to the mansion, the sky was beginning to dim from a bright day to a clear night sky. Spotlights were coming from the mansion and they could hear feint jazz music blaring.

    "Akira knows we're doing this..." Futaba was muttering, "he knows and he's not happy about it..."

    "The cognition sure won't be pretty here..." Morgana shook his head.

    Goro held his breath. He saw Akira's pained look again.

    "I wonder..." says Yusuke, "why this island and such a large mansion? And those lights, it's like an event or an important party is going on,"

    "I mean, I think we all know our Akira is a bit on the dramatic flashy side," Ann grinned.

   A few small laughs went around the group. Goro kept quiet. He remembered the flare of Akira's fighting style back in Sae Nijima's Palace.

   "Still no sign of Yoshizawa..." Futaba glanced to her side at the jungle, now impossible to see anything in the dark. "Did she get lost out there?"

  "If she's even still fucking alive," Ann said.

   "I told you, I aimed at her wings! And look at all those lights, wherever she fell she can see the mansion from there!" Ryuji exclaimed.

   "Wait, you shot her out the sky?!" Makoto looked between the blondes with wide eyes.

   Neither of them had a chance to reply. In a flare of blue light they were all in their thief suits. A bunch of trees seemed to part on their own, revealing the lavish entrance to the mansion glittering in gold and marble with a red carpet leading to the main doors.

    "It's about time you all arrived,"

    Goro gasped at the disembodied voice.

    "Akira?"

    "I hope you're all prepared for the show! Because I'm not letting any of you leave until my game is over. Hurry on in here so I can win. And don't pull any tricks. I can see them all coming~"

    The main doors flew open and an invisible force pulled them all in. The thieves now stood in the main entrance of what appeared to be a theater. Before them were multiple doors, with different flashing signs and sounds behind each one.

   "Oh shit... ohhh shit!!" Futaba exclaimed.

   "Oracle, what is it?!" Morgana cried.

   "Akira's power and influence on this Palace are insane! He's messing with my tech, I can't access the software to cross us over! We're trapped here!"

   "He definitely isn't gonna make this easy for us," Goro spoke up for everyone to hear, "we'll have to play his game for now. I can imagine he has punishments for if we go against his wishes,"

    "YOU THERE!"

    Three shadows appeared in front of the group. They were all dressed as stagehands. The one in front stepped forward, eyeing Ann and Yusuke.

   "You two! The show begins in five minutes, why aren't you getting ready?!"

   "Huh?! Us?" Ann cried.

   "Do they think we're performers...?" Yusuke said.

    "THE SHOW MUST BEGIN SOON. IT IS THE ORDERS OF THE PRINCE!"