Chapter Six

After a whole day of interviews, talks with authorities, and other ridiculous things, Goro finally had some time to himself. He enjoyed the attention, no lie there, but it was overwhelming to deal with so much.

"No rest for the wicked..." Goro sighed as he laid back on his bed.

Beside him his phone buzzed, for probably the thousandth time. Goro groaned and shut his eyes. His father had been trying to contact him ever since he came back in the open. The last thing Goro wanted was to talk to him, so he ignored the messages and calls. But they didn't stop coming....

"For fucks sake..." Goro growled. "what'll it take to shut you up, old man!"

He grabbed his phone and looked at the screen to see multiple notifications and missed calls... all from the Phantom Thieves...

"What the hell...?"

Goro scrolled through the messages; they were all either from Yusuke, Makoto, Futaba, or Haru...

'Akechi, please answer your phone this is important.'

'Goro, please! Something happened, you need to answer!'

'AKECHI U 8===D ANSWER OR ILL FITE U!'

'Something awful happened to Akira at Shujin, please respond!'

Goro raised an eyebrow.

"Akira? It can't be that big a deal..."

Goro almost set his phone down when banging came from the apartment door, startling him.

"Akechi! Akechi, open the damn door! I know you're in there!" a familiar voice yelled.

"What...?" Goro got up and quickly pulled a shirt on as he went to answer the door. Waiting there was Ryuji and Makoto. Both of them looked distraught; Ryuji with anger in his puffy eyes and Makoto with tear streaks on her face.

"Oh... you're Sae's sister, aren't you?" Goro said, nonchalant.

"I'm here too!" Ryuji yelled. "Don't act like you don't fucking know us!"

    "Ryuji, shush! Goro, listen, we came because—"

   "Let me stop you there, Nijima-Chan," Goro leaned in the doorway and Makoto made a face, "I already made it clear to Akira that I wasn't like you guys. Trust me, I appreciate you all worrying for my safety but... I'm sorry, if you'll excuse me—"

Goro made a motion to shut the door but, to his surprise, Makoto was the one to step forward and slap Goro across the face before grabbing him by his shirt collar.

   "Listen here, you fucker! Akira hurt himself and is in the hospital and we think you have something to do with it! You're coming with us and you are NOT going to weasel your way out of it! Do I make myself clear?!"

Goro nodded rapidly.

"Y-Yeah! O-Ok! Please let go, that hurts..."

"We're leaving now, let's go!"

"W-Wait, I'm so underdressed!"

Makoto shot Goro a terrifying look. He shut himself up. She grabbed his arm and pulled him down the hall with Ryuji following behind. Goro mentally groaned, deciding to play along for now.

His head started to hurt all of a sudden....

————

For hours, all Akira could hear was arguing from his Personas; their voices echoed as if they were everywhere. At first it was amusing to hear extremely dated insults but after a while it got annoying. Every now and then one of them came in to check on him; Silky came and delivered some pillows for comfort then Hariti came to give Akira a weird, sugary drink that made him feel full. Nobody let him leave bed (he thinks its a bed) though, because it wasn't safe or something.