Chapter Fourteen

The party was at a fancy hotel, up in the penthouse. People dressed in the formal and extravagant clothing kept pulling up in limos and flooding inside the building. Goro stood outside dressed in a fancy white tux, constantly tugging at his collar, nervous about how the night would go.

Goro hadn't been to a party in a while. He was worried people would keep asking him about the Phantom Thieves and his short disappearance. He was even more worried about what people would say about him and Akira.

   'I can hear them now... telling me how disgusting I am on the arm of another man...'

   Goro tugged at his long, black, fingerless gloves; he took extra precautions to make sure Loki's messages remained hidden on his arms.

   "You'll be ok... you'll be ok..." he told himself.

"Hey, Goro-Chan!"

Here we go, Goro thought. He turned to face Akira as he approached and, immediately, his heart skipped a beat.

Akira was in a fancy red tailcoat with a black tie and matching black gloves. He didn't have his glasses on and his hair looked slicker and more controlled; some of it still covered the stitches on his forehead. No denying it, Akira looked like a handsome king.

"Wow, you..." Goro blushed, "you look really nice..."

"Thanks. You look nice too, white really suits you~" Akira winked.

"Uhm... sh-shall we...?"

Goro stared for the entrance with Akira following behind. Not too far away, Ann and Haru were approaching; Ann with her hair done up on her head and a lovely hot pink gown fluttering around her and Haru wearing flowers in her hair and a pastel purple long dress and white gloves.

"Him and Akechi are inside. It looks like they're fine so far," Haru said.

"I still got that bad feeling... I hope Akechi doesn't have any tricks up his sleeves..." Ann frowned.

"We'll be there the whole time in case something goes wrong. If so, then we get Akira and go straight back to Leblanc."

"Ok..." Ann nodded, "yeah, ok..."

————

The penthouse was overflowing with people and classy music. Akira thought he'd feel out of place but, honestly, he almost felt at home. Some of the women in their overly flashy dresses made him think of his mother and one of her friends.

'Mom always overdid it when it came to fashion...'

   "My, this party's bigger than any one I've ever been too... so many people..." Goro said beside him. "I'm sorry, maybe this wasn't such a good date idea..."

   "Don't worry, I think it's quite romantic of you to bring me here~"

Goro turned his head to avoid eye contact, as if looking into Akira's eyes would put him under some love spell.

   "H-Hey, um... don't take this the wrong way but—"

   "Goro Akechi!"

   Already, people were approaching Goro to talk to him. Akira cracked a smile when he saw his date blush as people complimented him on his skills and asked for autographs, but frowned whenever someone mentioned the Phantom Thieves; they said the name like it was an awful swear word.