Chapter Twenty-One

The crime scene before them was a terrifying sight to behold.

    A young girl laid in the hospital bed, she looked about sixteen years old, her gown was torn open exposing her naked body covered in bloody stab wounds. At the other side of the room, a doctor laid against the wall, shirtless and with blood running from an open wound in his neck. It his hand was a large pair of bloody scissors.

   "Well someone had too much fun last night," Kasumi quietly joked.

   "Don't joke about this..." Goro sent her a disapproving look.

   They thought they were going back to Fujimoto Hospital to continue with the missing person case, but instead they had two corpses waiting.

   "What's the report?" Goro asked one of the police officers standing by.

   "A nurse called the police around 4:30 this morning, she said she came to deliver breakfast to the patient, Haruka Dojima, and found her and this doctor, Shun Takahashi, both dead. Dojima was due for a kidney transplant tomorrow,"

   "Was this doctor due to perform her surgery?" Goro pointed at the corpse. The officer nodded.

   Kasumi took a few steps forward to get a better look at the dead girl. She frowned and moved back over to Goro.

   "I think he sexually assaulted her," she said. "Her gown is still intact, those stab wounds had clear access to her body,"

   "Maybe, but that doesn't answer why he'd kill her then himself right after..." Goro took in the rest of the room.

   There were things knocked over, most likely from some kind of struggle, and drops of blood were on the floor leading to the doctors' body. The girl looked very frail and weak, she couldn't have been fighting with the doctor could she? Unless someone else was present...

   "Were there any witnesses?"

"Just two, a nurse and another doctor. They're sitting in the room across from this one."

   "Alright, thank you,"

   Goro stepped out and Kasumi was immediately on his arm, with that huge grin he hated growing on her face.

   "Oooh, we about to do some interrogations! Can I be the bad cop? I wanna be the bad cop!" she giggled.

   "We're not doing that," Goro said in a low voice.

   He went into the room were his witnesses waited. To his surprise, Osoroshi was seated in one of the chairs, legs crossed as she worked on her nails with a nail file. A nurse was pacing around the room looking more than distraught. The second Goro walked in, Osoroshi smiled.

   "Mr. Akechi! I was hoping you'd be the one to show up! Think you can get those snobby officers to let me leave? I've got a patent coming in thirty minutes," she said.

"We only need to ask a few questions then you're both free to leave," Goro said.

"Yeah! So you both better cooperate!" Kasumi giggled before whispering, "I'm not actually a bad cop, don't get scared!"

"I'll try not to," Osoroshi smiled pleasantly.

   "Ma'am, could you join us please?" Goro asked the nurse.

"They're really dead aren't they?" she said, with tension in her voice. "I didn't imagine it, they're really dead..."

Goro brought her to sit down before attempting to calm her down—he's dealt with people like this in the past.