Chapter Twenty

Kasumi. Would not. Shut up. The entire day.

   Goro had to stand outside his apartment door for an extra five minutes because of how much Kasumi was talking. When he finally got inside his apartment, Goro wasted no time in getting his work clothes off and dropping into bed with a huff.

A good night's sleep—that was all he was asking for. But, of course, he woke up inside the soft room.

   "You've gotta be fucking kidding me..." Goro put his hands over his face. "Just let me sleep in peace for one night!"

"Nice to see you again too," Loki floated above him with an uncaring tone.

"Why am I back here? And why the fuck did you do that to me the other night?!"

"Do what?"

"That place! When I asked for things it gave them to me a-and I thought of my mother and I heard her—"

   "What? I didn't do that, stupid Prince!" Loki started laughing. Goro's cheeks puffed up and turned red.

   "Stop laughing you asshole!" Goro moved away and sat with his arms crossed. "If it wasn't you then who did it? Huh? Answer that!"

   "Ohh, those pesky angels. I guess they were trying to drive you crazy or something? Not like you aren't already crazy,"

Goro rolled his eyes. He noticed then that he didn't have a straight jacket on, that was good at least. With his hands free, he was able to get up and try to push down one of the mattress like walls of his room.

"Aww, am I boring you already?" Loki cooed.

"I'm not in the mood to be bullied by you, thanks. I'm going to have some tea,"

Goro took a few steps back before kicking the wall down. A cool rush of mountain air hit him in the face. Not far down the slope sat a big, beautiful log cabin with a huge yard that overlooked the mountain forests.

   "Hmm..." a content smile grew on his face.

Goro made his way down the rocky path and into the yard. Sitting alone at the small table for two was Titania, one of Goro's very few Personas. She poured a cup a tea as Goro approached.

"Hello again, my Prince,"

"Hello, Titania," Goro nodded to her and sat down.

"I haven't seen you in so long my dear, how have you been faring?"

"I guess I've been better..."

Titania handed him his cup. Goro breathed in the soothing scent before taking a few sips.

"How's Loki been treating you? He isn't being too aggressive, is he?"

"Not much has changed. He's kinda been worse since Robin Hood left." Goro shrugged and frowned. "Why'd he have to leave...?"

"My Prince, you wouldn't have been able to live again had Robin not given up his form for you. And look at where you are now. I don't believe I've seen you enjoy someone else's company as much as that other Prince from your memories,"

"What, you mean Akira?"

The suave thief's charming smile flashed in Goro's head and he blushed.

"Oh, no... he's very sweet but... I'm not too sure we'll be together much longer... it's wrong for us to be romantically involved, we could get in so much trouble if the media ever caught us together as a couple..."

"And why's that?" Titania's wings fluttered and sparkled. "Love is love, is it not? As long as you're both happy, it doesn't matter."

Goro took another sip of his tea and sighed.