Chapter Eighteen

Akira showed up to Leblanc only for Futaba to pounce on him, asking why it took so long to get back. Akira had to force his way past her to get to his room so he could change into comfier clothes.

"Oh my god, you fucked with the detective didn't you?" Futaba was saying. "Did you? Did you?"

"I did not! Leave me alone!"

"You're lying, I see it in your eyes!"

"Futaba, I did not have sex with—UWAH!"

Ann and Haru were sitting on the couch with their legs crossed and grins on their faces. Morgana laid sprawled out in Ann's lap as she scratched his belly, looking completely dazed.

   "Hi Aki~" Ann cooed.

   "About time you came back!" Haru smiled.

   "Did you two skip school?"

   "Nope! Thanks to Haru, we can be here to take care of you!"

   Akira put his head back, groaning as he said, "Am I ever gonna have a moment alone again?"

   The girls all hummed with smiles.

   "Oh come on! I can at least bathe alone, right?"

   "Yusuke said him and Ryuji would be willing to give you your baths," Ann said.

   Akira whined and dropped on his bed. He appreciated their care, but they were starting to go overboard. Not caring at this point, Akira got up to change into comfier clothes.

   "Soooo, if you don't have anymore plans with Akechi," Ann began, "there's something we'd all like to do tonight."

   "I'm listening,"

   "Why don't we all have a big sleepover here?"

   "Whyyy?"

   "Well we wanna spend as much time with you as we can before you leave!"

   "And, we've got a bit of a surprise for you!" Haru added.

Before Akira could ask what the surprise was, Futaba screeched and startled everyone; Morgana snapped out his daze and fell off Ann's lap,

"Are those fucking hickies?!"

Akira glanced at the red marks along his neck and collarbone. He didn't even realize Goro had left him a few presents. The girls were all suddenly up and squealing, asking what happened. Akira couldn't be more embarrassed.

————

Goro couldn't be more annoyed.

Kasumi bugged him nonstop the second he showed up to work, for more reasons than one. He sat at his desk, brow furrowed as Kasumi blah-blah-blah-ed around him.

"I mean obviously I noticed you left the party, you promised me a dance after all—you left with that guy right? Wasn't he your plus one? Who was he? Sounds like a classic Cinderella case if you ask me!"

Goro hummed angrily.

"Was he the guy I heard in your room today? What were you two doing? Did he spend the night? You should have invited me! I love sleepovers! I threw the best sleepovers when I was little! I hired live music one time, AND we were served fresh sushi!"

On the bright side, Kasumi didn't catch the fact Goro was... with Akira.

"Yoshizawa, can we please get back to work?" he asked her.