Chapter Twenty-Three

"Akira! You coming or what?"

Something's not right here. What was he forgetting this time?

Akira paid no mind to Ryuji calling out to him. He was staring intently at something in the distance, a silhouette spinning around and around. Who on earth was that?

"Akira! Come on already! Get in the water!" Ann was saying.

"Hm?"

Akira looked back now at the pool where his friends were all playing, laughing as they splashed each other. He didn't remember changing into his swim trunks. They felt weird. Futaba and Yusuke threw water balloons at him. He didn't react.

"Ok, I'm coming..."

Akira sat at the side and pushed himself into the pool. The water felt hot like a bath. That made him uncomfortable for some reason.

"Hello?"

Akira looked around confused. Where had everyone gone? Every where he looked was just endless miles of water, a dense fog slowly covering it all. Akira exclaimed as his glasses clouded up and cracked.

"No, no, no! Don't break!"

He grabbed them off his face. He could see perfectly fine. The glasses disappeared from his hands. He now stood naked.

"Uhnnn... uhnnn..."

Akira pulled his hair and hunched over, trying to shut his eyes. He felt like the entire weight of the water was crushing his chest and bones. Was that an earthquake just now? Akira attempted to move, only to trip and fall with a splash. He felt heavy.

"Hey, Kikun..."

Akira shuddered. Hands touched his face and made him look up. Goro was smiling down at him, naked and with red dahlias in his hair. Akira blushed. He looked so pretty.

Goro leaned down and kissed Akira, slowly and gently at first before bringing in his tongue. Akira's entire body heated up and he grabbed onto Goro to keep him close. What was this feeling? Is this what it feels like to be happy?

Akira pulled back, shaking. Goro licked his ear and slid his hands up to Akira's shoulders, quiet moans leaving his lips.

"Kikun..."

Wait, that name was familiar. Nobody called him that. Nobody except...

"They're going to find out what you did, Kikun,"

Goro grabbed Akira's neck and forced his head underwater. The water was unbearably hot—boiling like a pot awaiting doomed lobsters. Akira screamed in a voice that went unheard. He could still see Goro's face, smiling as he simultaneously drowned and choked him.

Akira... enjoyed it.

He loved it.

He was...

————

Akira gasped out loud, opening his eyes.

Warm atmosphere... dull sound from nowhere... that feint smell of fresh cookies...

   Osoroshi's Palace stood in the distance. The same mutilated doll corpses from last night were in the same places as before.

   'Holy fuck...' Akira pushed up his mask to rub his face, 'was that a dream just now? I haven't had actual dreams in almost a year, what the fuck?'