When Someone Says You're "Too Dark" (Part 1)

Tony

Tony

He wasn't very happy when he heard someone say that about you.

It was at one of his parties, and you were over there talking to your friends so you weren't to hear what was said about you.

While he went to go get a drink and while he wasn't looking, he overheard someone say, "I admire Mr. Stark but I have no clue what he was thinking when he chose 'that' to be his wife."

They say, looking over at you up and down in disgust while you weren't looking.

"Oh my goodness, I know right? She does seem like a good woman but she, she's just way too dark for my taste. Mr. Stark can do way better"

He didn't even hesitate, he walked right up to them and straight up told them off. They kept apologizing and apologizing to him but he didn't wanna hear it, he kicked them straight out for their gross comments about you without hesitation.

Before they left, they walked past you and said sorry to you before they left. You were confused to what happened. You walked up to Tony and asked what happened, he told you what they said about you and you were upset but not surprised.

However, you were glad that he defends you when it comes to people saying certain things about that about you.

After that, he hugged you and said, "You're not too dark for Tony Stark".

You laughed at what he said kissed him on the cheek.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steve

When he first say someone say that, he did not like the sound of that at all and he didn't hesitate to tell off the person either but in a civil manner mixed with a stern tone.

You two were out shopping and were buying some new clothes, you tried a yellow dress on and he thought it absolutely looked gorgeous on you and complimented your dark skin tone really well.

When you went to go change back, he heard two people say that you were "too dark" to wear a dress like that and if you wore lipstick, you'd "look a mess".

He walked up to those people and said, "Excuse me, sorry to come into your conversation but I think she looks beautiful with that dress on and her being "too dark" does not make her any less gorgeous!" He said sternly, crossing his arms and glaring at them.

They just stood there looking up at him, intimidated, wishing that they weren't so loud and kept their mouth shut. "We're sorry sir, we had no idea she was your-"

But he was so upset that he cut them off.

"In fact, her dark skin is what makes her beautiful to me, but I'm assuming you are too close minded to see that. Now leave before I call security"

They did what he said and ran off out of the store. You got out of the dressing room with the yellow dress in your arms and said, "This is the one! I'm getting this"

Steve smiled at you and said, "I was thinking the same thing, darling. You're gonna look like a goddess tonight!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thor

He was pretty ticked off when someone said this about you, and he didn't understand why your dark skin tone automatically meant "ugly" to society. To him, you were the most beautiful girl he's ever seen and he always found black women with dark skin to be very stunning.

While you went to the bathroom during you and Thor's date at a restaurant (Y'all ate outside), One of Thor's admirers came up to him and asked for a picture, of course, he loves his fans so he's not gonna say no to them.

After he did, one of them asked about you, how he met you and why he's dating you.

He told them that he met you in a supermarket while shopping for pop tarts and that he's dating you because he thinks you're the sweetest, most loyal, most beautiful woman he's ever met.

One of the admirers give him a confused look and asked him, "But why her of all people?"

Thor looks at her confused, "Because I think she's the one for me and the only one for me. If you actually get to know her, she's actually an amazing woman"

"But she's..... Way too dark for you, Thor. It's embarrassing, I thought you'd have better taste than that"

"I agree with Abby, if you're gonna date someone like her at least make sure she's a.... brighter shade, please, we're trying to save you from embarrassment. Please, Just do yourself a favor and dump her quick!"

"I will say you're lucky that you found a pretty one because they usually aren't really attractive" Another said. "That's kinda rare"

The more Thor was hearing all these incredibly nasty things, the more he got angry, and he WAS NOT having it!

He got up without hesitation, making them back up a bit, "I HAVE HEARD ENOUGH! HOW DARE YOU disrespect my queen like that??!!" He shouted from the top of his lungs, getting attention from everyone in the whole restaurant, inside and out but he didn't care, he hated how these group of girls had the audacity to disrespect you like that.

You came outside and saw Thor screaming and hollering at the girls, who were sobbing their eyes out. That was very unlike him so you immediately ran over to see what was going on. 

"Thor, what the hell is going on?!" 

He turned to you then back to them, "APOLOGIZE TO HER!" He shouted again, pointing to you, "Apologize to this beautiful woman in my life!" 

Terrified, the girls immediately looked at you and said, "WE'RE SO SORRY! WE DIDN'T MEAN THE THINGS WE SAID ABOUT YOU!" 

"Good! Now leave!" He demanded them, they then ran off crying. 

Meanwhile, once that was over, people went back to minding their business. 

"Thor?! What the hell was that all about?!"

"Those awful girls had the AUDACITY to disrespect you! They said that you were 'too dark' for me and that 'I could do better'." 

You expression changed from concerned to understanding. You remembered how people treated you horribly and unloved because of how dark your skin was and nobody ever defended you, you suddenly didn't feel bad for the girls that he yelled at and felt really safe with Thor around. 

You smiled, "Oh..... I see, well, thank you for that Thor, I really appreciate you for sticking up for me like that, nobody ever has when it came to comments like that"

"You're welcome, m'lady," He wrapped his arms around you protectively and kissed you on the forehead.  "I don't care what those girls or those horrible people have to say about you or your skin color, it's beautiful! You're beautiful! And I love you and everything about you"

"I'm so blessed to have you in my life, I love you too"