Goodbye Jetty

<47> Goodbye Jetty

There are so many members in the Earth Bureau with whom I have to express my sorrow at parting. I thanked all the staff and Grays for taking good care of me. Watching Whites and Grays not hide their sorry feelings, I realized that my life on the planet was not in vain.

Mormut and Operations Director visited me in person from the Planet Defense Command. After rumors of the war hero's survival, they reportedly confirmed it through Jetty. They treated me respectfully as the former commander, despite the change in my appearance and loss of memory. They apologized for not having brought me back to life and regretted my departure to Earth. They only recently confirmed that I was alive and would soon leave for Earth. They said they had better not tell the citizens of the planet about it, and I agreed.

"We regret that you are leaving for Earth."

"I have nothing to do here and I'm going to make you feel burdened."

"You are the permanent Commander of our Star Wars Corps. Citizens will not forget the hero of the Antimon War, and Our command will also preserve your achievements."

"I will never forget my life on the planet, either."

"I'm heartbroken when I think we can't meet again. If you change your mind now, we will honor you as a life Commander of the Ground Wars Command."

"I appreciate your warm hearts. When I return to Earth, I will deliver to humans your beautiful minds and the message of peace of the planet people."

"I hope you get there safely and achieve your wishes."

The moment has finally come when I have to leave this planet. I headed to the shuttle launch station, receiving the cheers of many Whites and Grays. The Director of the Earth Bureau, Jetty and Muse18 encouraged me until the last minute and provided me with all the conveniences.

The journey to Earth will be in reverse order of that to the planet. As soon as I stepped onto the spaceship leaving for the Solar System Base, I felt a strange mix of fear, disappointment and expectations. It must have been more than 30 years since the day I left the Earth. In global time, I spent more than 60 years in outer space. It is no exaggeration to say that it is almost a lifetime for humans on Earth. I had a close relationship with Jetty like a family for that long time. When I first met her, she treated me like a slave, but we gradually broke down the barriers of status and respected each other and sometimes treated each other like a lover.

I still don't know why the planet people have kidnapped me from Earth. Jetty didn't explain why either. The only places that are related to humans on this planet are the Earth Bureau and the Sumerion18 State. Did they need the human soul? But that's not a good reason, because I have done nothing special during my twenty years in the Earth Bureau and have never visited the Sumerion18 state.

Did the Planet Defense Command try to use me in the war? Human beings are good at fighting and human history has been a series of wars, so that can be a valid reason. If the leaders of the Command had anticipated the Antimon War in advance, they would have needed a master of the fighting. Or did they want me to control the humans who moved to M-Globe? If the planet people, who are not familiar with human nature and behavior, have trouble controlling the human population, it can be effective to indirectly control human beings through me. Anyway, I came to this planet and played a crucial role in leading the Antimon War to victory and helped manage the humans who migrated to the M-Globe.

I don't know if there's another reason why they brought me here, or if they've achieved that goal. But planet people will be satisfied with what I have done in the Antimon War and will believe they have achieved the goal of kidnapping the human spirit.