Develop New Items

<66> Develop New Items

In the 21st century, amazing technologies emerged, completely changing the way of life. The energy revolution took place as fossil fuels ran out and mining costs rose. Hydrate is widely used and electricity is produced by space sunlight. Sunlight generation outside the atmosphere is not affected by the seasons, weather or sunlight, resulting in a power generation efficiency ten times that of the ground generation. A single power plant in the space produces more power than a nuclear power plant and transmits electricity to the ground via microwave or laser waves. As a result, power prices have become cheaper and equipment that uses electricity as power has become widespread.

With advanced desalination technology of sea water and the spread of artificial rainfall, the supply of fresh water increased and the air quality improved. Hotels, hospitals and sports facilities as well as housing and industry were built in marine and underwater cities. Marine countries with high population density and small land area have expanded their living areas in this way. Countries that are on the verge of disappearing below sea level due to global warming also maintain a foothold through the construction of cities on water or under water.

While technological innovation has resulted in convenient tools and improved living standards, the gap between rich and poor has widened. The progress of globalization has not narrowed the gap in economic power, technology and cultural level between countries, which is derived from the nature of the market economy system. The competition system further raised the barriers between winners and losers, the rich and the poor, and cemented the hereditary succession and social conflict. Wealth is hereditary in the market economy. Therefore, children from a rich family are very likely to succeed and live in luxury throughout their lives, while those from a poor family cannot raise their social status and avoid poverty.

One-third of the world's population lives in advanced countries, but less than half of them live in abundance enjoying the benefits of high-tech civilization. After all, seventy percent of the world's population does not enjoy the benefits of high technology, and those who have lost their jobs are even threatened with livelihood. While the upper class utilizes robots with artificial intelligence in their lives and enjoys advanced medical benefits, the lower class barely survive by relying on the welfare benefits of the government. This is why many people are cynical about innovation and show their antipathy to existing systems. The competition for innovation is aimed at the upper class, which is virtually less than one-third of the world's population.

DK Group organized a task force team to overcome the management crisis. It is a temporary organization that focuses the group's capabilities on promising sectors and looks for measures to enhance the competitiveness of selected sectors. I was included in the organization, which was led by Chairman Kim Tae-hee.The organization will clean up the declining specification sector, the crime-prone sector, and underperforming sector compared to the innovation efforts. And it will focus on devising new projects with high economic feasibility and finding new items that can secure market power. I am not a scientist or technician, but I applied for an item development team. That is because I thought I could take advantage of my experience on the planet Merion and present the direction to innovation.

"Chairman, only companies that accurately predict the future of the human world will survive."

"That's right. Feel free to tell us what the future of the human world will look like."

"We need to listen to what futurologists say. And there will be creatures in the universe that boast civilization ahead of mankind. Such an alien civilization may present the future of Earth's civilization."

"That's a funny idea. But aliens will be different from humans, and their environment will be different from ours."

"So far, many terrestrial planets have been discovered. Among them, there may be ones with human-like aliens and terrestrial ecosystem."