Michelle Corelli

<50> Michelle Corelli

A few days later, Jin-sook appeared with Michelle. Michelle must have been surprised to hear that Jong-bin, who was sleeping like he was dead every time she visited the hospital, regained consciousness. I met an American woman named Michelle Corelli for the first time. She would have heard about my condition from Jin-sook before she came to the hospital. Maybe that's why she didn't panic when she saw me say nothing and seemed content that I was conscious and able to move.

Michelle's mother was a descendant of a family immigrated from Ireland to the United States long time ago, and her father immigrated from Turkey to the United States when he was young. Her mother often visited mosques when she was a college student, and met Michelle's father there. Interestingly, Michelle's great-grandfather fought in the Korean War and since then, her family name has been changed to Corelli. She has been interested in the East Asia since she was a child, especially in Korea, probably because of her great grandfather's involvement in the war. She came to Pyongyang University to study inter-Korean relations in the age of division.

When I first saw beautiful Michelle, I felt as if I were meeting Jetty. Me and Michelle also seem to be destined to meet. She seems to have forgotten her dignity and shame at her boyfriend's miraculous recovery. She showed strong affection, touching my whole body as if there were no one around. I was more embarrassed than anyone else by her bold expression of affection. Maybe Jong-bin and Michelle stayed close, just like a couple.

I used to be close to Yoon-hee, but I couldn't imagine this blatant love act with her. How did Jong-bin accept Michelle's deep touch? She will continue to show me such affection. But what would she think if my reaction was different from that of Jong-bin? And how will she treat me when she finds out that the spirit of Jong-bin has changed?

I want to be closer to Michelle than to Jong-bin's family. She won't make me feel embarrassed, unlike my family and relatives. She is also best aware of Jong-bin's recent situation. An old-fashioned soul who only remembers events 70 years ago needs somebody's help to get along with strangers in this era, and she is the right person to help me.

Michelle visited the hospital every day and told me many stories. She regards me as having lost my memory and still having a language problem. So she tried to make me remember the past, but she didn't let me talk. I felt so comfortable that I could deal with her only with facial expressions. Her story gave me a deeper understanding of Jong-bin's school and journalism days. I also learned that Jong-bin was very interested in social systems since college, took the lead in helping those who suffered from irrational systems and was a member of 'The Journalist Alliance for the Realization of Justice'.

Jong-bin, who was fluent in English and Chinese, has accused the tyranny of power in many countries around the world and uncovered cases of collusion between politics and business. He also covered behind-the-scenes forces and lobbyists who plan to stage hegemony among powerful nations for personal gain. Progressive journalists, including Jong-bin, are campaigning to accuse immoral human relationships and unjust social systems. Michelle actively supported the activities of journalists who accuse countries and businesses of exerting undue coercion in international relations or economic transactions.

The more frequent Michelle's visits, the less visits other family members made. They would have judged that Michelle was the right person to restore Jong-bin's mental health. I am most pleased with the situation. Medical staff already know that I can talk. I thought it was time to tell the truth as the chance for me to meet only Michelle has increased. Because I can't hide forever the fact that another soul is in Jong-bin's body. I opened my mouth when she said our marriage had been postponed because of Jong-bin's father's opposition.