Thank You, Long Ruan

<53> Thank You, Long Ruan

Although we talked until late at night, Yoon-hee didn't look tired at all. She seems to be full of endorphins because she can meet and talk to her beloved grandson after a long time. Even though she is a hundred years old, she remembered exactly what she was doing in her youth and had no blockages in telling memories of decades ago. After dinner, she told me about her family.

Yoon-hee married at the age of nearly forty and gave birth to two children, a son and then a daughter. Both of them grew up healthy. Her son resembles his mother, so he has a wild personality and has enjoyed challenges and adventures since he was young. He used to fight with his friends often and he was very absorbed in what he liked. He went to military academy to become a soldier. In his group life, he adjusted better than anyone else and was promoted first among his classmates because of his excellent leadership. As a soldier, he moved up to the top rank of four star generals, and retired from the military. He is said to have considered Jin-guk as his own elder brother.

Her daughter has been weak since she was a child, but she has a clear head. Instead of hanging out with friends, she sat in her room and searched through science magazines or the Internet. She was much interested in astronomy and the universe, so she was loved by her father. In-gyu loved his daughter, who looked like him, and encouraged her by buying her expensive equipment such as high-performance telescopes. She succeeded her father as an astronomer and earned her doctorate in the United States. She is now teaching students in college.

"Grandma, don't you like to live with your children?"

"I think we should take care of our children until they become adults. After that, it is convenient for each other to live independently."

"It's our custom that children take care of their parents."

"It became an old story. The basic livelihood of the elderly is now up to the government, not their children. Parents and children have different ways of living, so it is hard for them to live together. I don't want to give up my lifestyle and I don't want to be a burden to my children by living nearby."

It is indeed Yoon-hee's attitude. She's old, but her initiative and confidence of the past have not changed. The practice of supporting old parents was effectively abolished a long time ago. Most elderly people lived apart from their children and even lost touch with them. Now the nation is providing financial aid to the elderly, but it cannot replace the role of a child. So old people try to get close to their offspring, but Yoon-hee is the opposite.

In-gyu helped children choose the right path for their aptitude, but stopped them from joining the DK Group. Although he grew the company out of his own sweat, he thought he should hand it over to Lee's descendants in order to continue developing the DK Group. So he chose Jin-guk as his successor, and also encouraged Jong-bin to join the DK Group. But as Jong-bin chose to become a political journalist, he died in vain.

Jin-guk also encouraged his son to join the DK Group, but failed to overcome his son's insistence. Now things have changed and Jong-bin is no longer able to continue his career as a journalist. I can't act as a reporter like Jong-bin, but I can participate in the management of DK Group. I am very grateful for the consideration of In-gyu and Yoon-hee who have opened the way for Jong-bin to participate in group management at any time. Did they even predict that I would be reborn?

The next day we left the silver town where Yoon-hee was staying. She missed us leaving and asked us to visit often. And she also asked me to join the DK Group and take management lessons right away. As far as I am concerned, there is no reason to refuse, as that is what I really hope.

"Jong-bin, get into the company as soon as possible. My husband spotted you early as your father's successor. Now that your father has passed away, you must come up with a plan to end your career as a journalist and raise a group. Do you understand me?"