Anonymous Reincarnation

<59> Anonymous Reincarnations

Judging that I had become used to the company's business., I decided to tell people my story of visiting an alien planet. The 'Soul and Reincarnation Community' is a good place to tell such a story. It is a follow-up version of the 'Reincarnation Cafe' that is frequently visited by people who are interested in the theme of soul and by those who want to introduce their past lives.

There was a story on the site about an Indian boy who was a Korean in his previous life. His father posted the story anonymously and called his son Puwan, apparently a pseudonym. He is now eight years old and reportedly told his father about his past life.

He talked in his sleep while taking a nap. His father thought he would go into a fantasy world or chat with the spirits of the dead. The child was healthy and did not show any strange signs or abnormal behavior after waking up. When his father asked him what he saw in his dream, he replied that he was living in a completely strange place.

"My son, do you know that you often talk weird in your sleep?"

"I'm talking in my sleep? What did I say?"

"It was beyond my comprehension. What did you see in your dream?"

"In my dream, I lived in another country, not India."

"Which country was it?"

"From what people look like, it's definitely a country in Asia."

"India also belongs to Asia. Didn't they look like us?"

"I lived with people like Chinese. I talked to them in their language and there were my family and friends among them."

His father was sure that Puwan had seen him in his past life. Curious about where he visited in his dream, his father collected videos of various East Asian countries on the Internet and showed them to his son. And asked if there was a familiar place. While looking at the city, rural landscapes and people's lives in the video, he pointed to Korea without hesitation.

"Are you saying that you were Korean in your dream?"

"That's true. I understood Korean words and read their letters."

His son may have learned Korean language and writing after watching Korean dramas. South Korea is a friendly country to Indians. Already from 100 years ago, many Korean tourists have come to India and many Korean companies have made inroads into India. Since then, there have been many Indians showing curiosity in Korea, K-pop has become popular among teenagers, and women have become addicted to Korean dramas. There are now several universities that have Korean studies and many private institutes teaching Korean. Therefore, Indians can learn Korean language and culture without visiting Korea.

"Didn't you learn Korean while watching the drama?"

"I've never watched Korean dramas or learned Korean."

That's right. As far as his father remembered, he didn't have a chance to learn Korean. Juveniles in the city may have a chance to experience Korean culture, but his son is still young and people living in the countryside have few chances to meet Koreans. None of his friends learned Korean. It is clear that Puwan was a Korean in his past life. If so, he would have lived in Korea a long time ago, not in Korea now. The father was curious about his son's past life, but there was no telling whether it would help or harm his son.

"Which do you prefer, past or present life?"

"I can't say which is better. But I think it was okay while I was living as a Korean."

"Can you remember in detail how you lived from childhood to adulthood?"

"No. Sometimes I can see myself as a child, and sometimes I remember living as an adult. I don't remember the whole process from birth to adulthood."