Clamor for Transformation

<68> Clamor for Transformation

I visited the headquarters of the Reform and Progress Alliance with the Chief of the Future Strategy and Marketing Officer.The conservative party, which is now in power, refuses to listen to the voices of some in society that call for system change. Since they received a large amount of political funds from companies, they are completely deaf to anti-corporate policies and calls for system reform. They only stress the justification for maintaining a market economy and the need for maintaining the status quo. As a result, the public's support for the ruling party has been undermined, raising the possibility of the Reform and Progress Alliance in power.

"I'd like to introduce you to the executives in our group. We would like to hear how your party recognizes the current situation and what policies you are planning."

"We welcome the key members of DK Group to visit us. We're listening to the voices of businessmen and industrial sites. Let's discuss it together without hesitation."

After Chairman Chae Sun-jung's remarks, the Chief of the Future Strategy continued. He is best aware of the recent industry trends and the problems our Group.

"Thank you for allowing us to visit. I felt the need to accompany Mr. Lee Jong-bin after hearing that he was visiting your policy committee. I'd like to talk about the status of the industry and the problems of our group."

"These are our policymakers. They will explain the state of times that we are aware of and policy direction that we're planning."

"It is not yet known to the market, but our group has lost its growth engine. It's not a crisis to close down right now, but there's growing pressure to clean up the depressed sector. Our group has not been restructured since its inception, but we may have to lay off a number of employees."

"I'm sorry to hear that. DK Group has served its employees and working-class customers. If such companies are in a difficult situation, it is a national tragedy. Why did it happen?"

"The polarization between companies has intensified and the market has been divided. While the high-tech industries dealing with the rich are booming, those dealing with the working class are suffering from a recession. Our group dealing with working-class customers is also having a hard time because of the reduced employment and purchasing power of the working-class people."

"Please tell us more about it."

"Over the past thirty years, biotechnology, space development, energy, medical care, robots and artificial intelligence have driven growth, and the market has continued to expand. The main customers of these industries are the country, public institutions, businesses and rich people. On the other hand, the commodity industry, the distribution industry and the service sector have shrunk. This is a result of a reduction in the purchasing power of the low-income bracket."

"DK Group cannot enter such a high-growth industry?"

"The growth industry is based on a high level of knowledge and technology, and relies heavily on artificial intelligence and robots. In other words, industries employing fewer workers are booming, and labor-intensive industries are in a slump."

"That means the livelihood of the workers is getting worse."

"Workers with property have no problem living because they have property income. But the unemployed in the proletarian classes live on welfare from the government. Many of our customers are proletarian unemployed."

"The Conservative party only emphasizes the superiority of capitalism and the efficiency of the market mechanism. They argue that capitalism should be maintained because the taxes paid by successful companies and wealthy individuals can save the unemployed and the socially disadvantaged."