I Met My Brother

<51> I Met My Brother

It has been more than fifty years since the Korean Peninsula was unified as a loose federal nation. Both sides have their own governments and the role of the federal agencies is very limited. However, residents of both sides are free to travel and move their homes. In particular, many of the descendants of displaced North Koreans and defectors who settled in the South have left for the North. The proliferation of the Internet and the expansion of telework have contributed to promoting residential relocation.

Relocation is also a global phenomenon. With the border wall lowered, more and more people moved overseas and many changed their nationality. Many people moved from developed countries with high population density to the developing countries with cheap prices, while highly educated people in poor countries moved to developed countries with higher incomes and more comfortable lives. Many Koreans also left for foreign countries and many foreigners flowed into the Korean Peninsula. This phenomenon has already occurred since the early 21st century.

Who is living in my hometown? Are foreigners living there? Because Koreans have a strong sense of attachment to their hometowns and blood ties, it is highly likely that my relatives and their descendants live there. Is the old house where my family lived together well preserved? The house is an old-fashioned traditional house filled with the history of my family and the taste of my ancestors. My brother Sung geun and My sister Myung hee will have passed away, but it is highly likely that my younger brother is still alive. I want to see him and visit my hometown. I also want to see whether my elementary and middle schools still remain there.

Jong-bin's parents have worked at the DK Food since graduating from college, and so Jong-bin's mother will know the situations of my family, relatives and acquaintances. In that sense, it seems meaningful that I was reincarnated as my grandson. Did aliens reincarnate me as my grandson to make it easier for me to adapt to the human world? My reincarnation may have been delayed because they waited for my family member to show up to receive my soul.

I asked Michelle to check on the status of my relatives and also to check the details of the DK group. Meanwhile, she is very curious about the planet Merion. She asks me if the planet looks like Earth, how aliens live, and if aliens are a threat to humans. Although humans have discovered many Earth-like planets, they have yet to identify extraterrestrial beings with a high level of civilization. Even the state-of-the-art telescope can't see the surface of an alien planet that doesn't glow on its own.

"JB, people will be more interested in Merion than in your past experiences on Earth."

"I will talk to people about the planet Merion. I wasn't reincarnated to be a normal human being."

"Please tell me about the planet Merion first."

If she wants to help me, she will first need to know how I lived. I told the story of starting a coffee business and living on the planet Merion for nearly 50 years after my soul was kidnapped in Laos. I didn't miss out on the story of my relationship with Jetty and my involvement in the Antimon War. Michelle listened to me in a state of excitement all the time and was surprised to hear that there were human descendants living on the extraterrestrial planet. Listening to my story, she agreed with me that it is not yet time to bring up a ridiculous extraterrestrial story and it is urgent to find out the current state of my family members and acquaintances.

Michelle went to Yu-jin and asked about Jong-bin's family relationship and how her relatives were doing. She persuaded Yu-jin that I should be well aware of the situations of my relatives and acquaintances in order to revive my memory and adjust to society quickly. Michelle brought the news of people I long missed and I was excited.My mother, my elder brother and sister all died as I had expected.