Sixty six | helpless

Inspired by the movie unbroken

It's been weeks since we got into this stupid camp, we've been treated like shit- which I guess is to be expected but I can't help but be picked on by the head guard.

I'm skin and bones now basically, where I once had muscle is now skin, bruises and cuts.

My arm feels broken from being whipped and my stomach feels like I've been shot almost a million times from the punches and kicks I had to take.

Right now we're standing for morning roll call, every morning the head guard comes from his room and walks to us all, he stares each and every one of us done.

And everyday he chooses someone to hurt and pick on; usually it's me.

I swear he wants me dead- which if that's what he wants it's coming soon if this is how it's gonna be.

I watch as the head guard catches my eye and begins to walk towards me, pushing everyone in his way out.

I look at him dead in the eyes and try to be intimidating though it's hard.

As he pulls his arm back ready to hit me someone stands in front of me.

It's Ethan Dolan. We live in the same bunker but I've never talked to him- I've never talked to anyone actually.

Every night when it's 'lights out' I just curl up in a ball and try and gain as much energy as I can- as if I'm a plant and I'm gaining energy from photosynthesis.

The head guard seems extremely pissed off with Ethan's action.
The guard punches Ethan, his body falling hard to the floor the second his fist makes contact with him.

The guard grabs his wooden stick and also slaps it against his back- I can almost hear the crackle in his back from how hard he was hit.

Right after we are dismissed and I fall to the ground beside Ethan- I don't know how to react, why would he do that? That was unbelievably stupid.

"W-why would you do such thing?" I ask my voice shaky from the fear of being hurt again

"Because you don't Deserve a beating every day; heaven forbid I think the man has broken your nose at least twenty times since you got here." Ethan said taking a few breathes "you've been here a week" he added

I hadn't counted the days I've been here, time isn't really something I think of anymore, I just believe that this is my life now and I'll probably die of starvation or dehydration or even from abuse sooner or later.

I helped Ethan off the ground and guided him to the bunker; being sure no one watched as we made our way inside.

I sat him on a bed and pull his shirt over his head- the bruise had already started to fade on his skin, I tried not to make a sound or cringe.

"How bad is it?" He asked

"It could be worse" I said as I pulled his shirt down and helped him sit up

Ethan began to stand which made my eyes widen; what does he think he's doing?

"What are you doing?!" I asked

"We need to go, they are going to notice we're gone and they will punish us for not doing our chores" Ethan spoke his face distorting in pain as he moved

"No, stay here today and come out tomorrow, I'll make sure no one notices, Alright?"

"Deal"

A/n;

Kinda thought this would be a good book but lmk what you think 🤷🏼‍♀️

W/c: 605