Galactic.trap18

Cassidy's POV

5:00 AM.

After what happened between Luke and I, I mainly kept in touch with the other guys.

While they were writing songs for their album “Don’t Stop,” Ashton persuaded me into working on a few songs with them.

I made a secret account on skype, so anyone who interrupted our conversation, they’d see “galactic.trap18.”  

Calum was actually the first to question who I was.

At first, he thought I was a stalker who managed to get Ashton’s skype, but when he told him I was a singer/songwriter for the album, Calum kept bugging Ashton, hoping to figure out who I was.

The other collaborators and I finished “Lost Boy,” with the boy’s proofreading and suggestions through the IM’s I sent.

But I never gave any hints to Calum, Michael, or Luke when they questioned me.

It was our little secret.

That was until last year on Christmas, 2013.

The guys came back home for the holidays, so I decided to drop by Ashton’s with presents.

Ashton opened the door with a big smile on his face.

“Cassssss” he shouted.

I carefully placed the boxes on the ground before he pulled me into a tight hug.

I took him in, as my face smushed into his chest.

“Mmf- Ash... I can’t breath.”

He let go and took a long stare into my eyes.

“It’s so nice to see youuuuu” he grinned.

“We talk on skype.”

“But you never turn on the camera or mic,” he complained.

I rolled my eyes and bent down to pick up the boxes again.

“Oooohhh presents, which one’s mine?”

I hand him a few wrapped presents as I followed him into the house.

I set the gifts by the christmas tree and sat down on the couch with four in hand.

“One of them is yours, the rest is for the guys... they’re from galactic.trap18.”

He rose his eyebrows as I continued with my explanation.

“It’ll be awkward to give you guys presents as Cass, so... why not galactic trap?”

“What if they find out yo-” he starts.

I cut him off, “Don’t worry, I have little cards inside, Michael and Calum would figure out eventually. But I want Luke to figure it out by himself without you guys dropping hints, alright? So make sure they. Don’t. Tell.”

After we talk about recent things in our lives, I wave goodbye as I ride my bike back to my flat.

Bike riding is not as convenient and quick as a car, but I like to know that I’m being earth friendly.

Plus, it gets me from point A to point B.

I’ve known my way around town for my whole life, so I rarely find myself lost.

From the inside jokes I had written, Michael and Calum figured me out and blew up galactic trap’s IM box.

Whereas, Luke remained frustrated with the sealed lips.

As the months passed by, I continued to help with the album through late night meetings and demos.

When the boys weren’t around, I was finally able to turn on my mic and talk to the producers and songwriters.

I’ve met incredible songwriters and producers, but decided to remain invisible to the publics eye.

When it came to talking in front of the boys, I had to use a filter that changed the tone of my voice.

It seems all complicated, but it’s what I had to do.

I was literally that embarrassed to talk to Luke.

Agreeing with what Tracie, I’m that pathetic.

Of course, in the most friendly and supportive way a best friend could say.

In the end, the album came out in July, and all the hard work paid off.

Fast forward a few months from July, it’s been a year since what happened.

6:00 AM.

And here I am, laying in bed.

Feeling tired of rolling around, I get up and find my bag on the ground.

I quickly filled it with the essential things and changed.

Phone.

Keys.

Wallet.

Water.

Earphones.

Lock.

Running shorts.

I sling the bag over my shoulder and open my bedroom door quietly, to see Luke sleeping by my feet.

He had a throw pillow clutched to his chest, and messy hair against the carpet floor.

I wanted to wake him up and curl up next to him, but I just stepped over him as carefully I could and went to the closet nearby.

Opening the white door, I reached past the washing and drying machines, and to the shelf above.

I grabbed a woolly blanket and extra pillow, and closed the door with my foot.

I let go of the corners of the blanket, unfolding the wrinkles and faint smell of fabric softener.

I gently laid the blanket over his body, and left the pillow by his face.

Just because I don’t talk to him anymore, doesn't mean I have to be an asshole.

Taking in the morning silence, I locked the front door and started walking to the gym.