Running Home

Cassidy’s POV

We spent a hour up in the tree talking about random things that came up in our head.

We eventually climbed down and decided to go grocery shopping.

We both laughed, mimicking each others way of walking, after our butts got numb from sitting on the tree.

~~~~~~~~~

We leave the grocery store hauling back a ton of bags.

We were only a few streets from the store when it began drizzling.

I watched a few people jogging up the street across from us.

A mom ushering her daughter to put on the small rain coat in her hand.

The little girl happily zipped it up to her chin, laughing and smiling as the rain trickled down her sleeves.

I was a few steps ahead of Luke, so I set the bags down and rubbed my hands together.

The plastic bags left red lines across my sore hands.

A few seconds later, Luke appears by my side with a concerned face.

“You okay?”

I looked up and laughed.

There was a few rain droplets running down his face.

Rain dotted his shoulders and arms, but that wasn’t why I was laughing.

I pointed at the splat of white, and a tiny tint of green on his right shoulder.

His face immediately went sour, seeing the bird crap that tattooed his hoodie.

He put down the bags in his hand, and fished out a napkin from his pocket.

Whipping it away didn’t do anything but spread the present that a bird gave him.

Fat rain droplets continued to pelt down on us.

The streets were nearly empty, people in the distance were running for cover.

“C’mon, we’ll wash it when you get back.”

I flip his hood over his head, and flipped mine as well.

We were a few streets away from my flat when the drizzles became pouring rain.

People ran down the streets, ducking for cover.

Soon enough, it was only Luke and I who were crazy enough to stay in the rain.

We both laughed while we sprinted back to my flat, ignoring how the rain soaked our clothes.