Mute

Cassidy’s POV

I felt my eyes droop, but they felt tired of sleeping.

Digging myself out of the warm mushy blanket, I got up and picked up the dirty bowl.

I hear Luke get up, “Let me help you.”

My head pounded even harder, blurring my vision.

I shook my head, trying to ignore it, but it made it even worse.

“You okay Cass?” I felt a hand on my elbow as I felt my legs begin to wobble.

I carefully placed the dish back onto the table as I begin to sweat, at the same time, I felt freezing cold.

Luke placed a hand gently on my back as he steered me into bed.

A few moments later, I hear him run back to get the duvet.

“Thanks,” I murmured.

Curling up into a ball, I buried my head into a pillow, and clutched another to my chest.

“Cass, you’re shaking,” I could make out the familiar tone of worry.

The kind he always had before singing on stage, accompanied by the occasional hair fixing. No matter how many times I’d say, “Everything will be fine.”  

His hand gently brushed my forehead, “You're burning up” he whispered.

I opened my eyes a little, to see him walk into my bathroom.

When I first found the flat, it was a pretty good deal for a place with 2 bathrooms.

One in the bedroom, and the other in the hallway.

Luke came back to my side, and gently laid a cold hand towel on my forehead.

The cold cloth made my headache subside for a bit, but the room still spun whenever I looked around.

My phone rings from my nightstand, cringing at the loud ringtone, I try to balance the wet cloth on my head as I scoot away from the vibrating screen.

“Want me to pick it up?” he asks.

Nodding, I sighed with relief when the noise ended.

“Hello?” he answered.

I tried to focus on how this happened.

I wasn’t sick yesterday.

A few minutes passed when I figured it out.

I got home from the gym all hot and sweaty.

I never liked showering at the gym, so I turned on the air conditioner in my room to it’s lowest setting.

Then, I went into my bathroom and took a shower and washed my hair.

Like usual, I let my hair air dry as I sat in bed on Tumblr in the chilly room.

Afterwards, I got up and blow dried my hair before passing out in bed.

I’m such an idiot.

Tracie always warned me about, how wet hair will give me a cold, especially in cold weather.

After all the times I rolled my eyes, here I am in bed.

“It was Tracie.”

I nodded my head towards the sound of his voice.