"Us"

Cassidy’s POV

“Cass?”

I could feel Luke’s eyes on me when he says my name.

“Hmmm?” I don’t take my eyes off the pot of boiling water, little bubbles that popped at the surface.

“I was wondering” –– I grab the box of pasta and pour the little hard shells into the pot, clinking to the bottom –– “about... uhh...”

A faint Ding! echoed from the hall.

I set down the box and run to the drying machine, pulling out the warm bundles of clothes to my chest.

Luke stood there with a blank stare, fingers fumbling with his ninja turtle sweats.

I give him a shy smile, “Sorry, it’s hard not to hug them while they’re warm.”

I plops one onto his head, “See?”

The warm feeling of the clothes wrap around my arm, scented like the “Ocean Breeze.”

I give the pasta a stir and move onto the sauce.

I arrange the mix of herbs and vegetables on the cutting board and pick up the knife.

“I want” –– chop –– “to” –– chop –– “talk” –– chop –– “about” –– chop ––

“Cass!”

I turn and face him, giving him an apologetic smile.

“Sorry” –– I put down the knife –– “you have my full attention.”

“I want to talk about us.”

A knot in my stomach tightens.

** Author’s Note **

I HOPE YOUR BODY IS READY. I can’t wait to publish the LAST chapter (Yeah, I know right. I can’t believe that the next one’s the last). :(

You can find me on Twitter, @geeklester, if you want a heads up for any updates.

Tweet or message me if you can't wait for the last chapter! Don't forget to vote or comment :)

By the way, sorry if this updates a bit later from usual. I got extremely sick this afternoon, I think I had food poisoning. @_@ (Haha, what a great early present from my body).

I hope you’re having a great day, now that school’s out :) I hope you’re having a wonderful winter break and holiday so far!

Until then,

I'll talk to you in the next chapter, bye!

<3 With much love ~

xoxoxo

~ Vicky (GeekLester)