"Nightmare"

Cassidy’s POV

Tracie left around midnight, her flat wasn’t far from mine, but I always told her to be careful when walking home.

I slip back into my room and check on Luke, still asleep.

His hair was messy like usual, but he had forgotten to take his lip piercing out.

I pull out my phone from my pocket and take a picture, and send it into a group message of, Ashton, Michael, Calum, Tracie, and Danny.

My fingers fly across the keyboard as I bit down on my bottom lip and tried to stop smiling.

“Look at this dainty little sleeping beauty.”

Turning in for the day, I smiled and head into my bathroom to pick up my toothbrush.

I head into the other bathroom and start brushing my teeth.

The minty taste engulfs my mouth as I scan myself in the mirror.

The usual bags were under my eyes.

A few spots and freckles.

Tired brown eyes.

I rinse my mouth out, leaving a cold crisp aftertaste.

I splash cold water into my face, causing strands of brown hair to cling on my forehead.

Picking up a hand towel nearby, I rub the water off and quickly braid my hair.

Leaving the bathroom, I go back into Luke’s sleeping chamber, and put back my toothbrush to it’s regular spot.

When I leave the bathroom, I see Luke’s body shaking underneath the duvet.

“Luke?” I whisper.

I quickly go around the bed and climb onto the bed, to realize why he was shaking.

The mattress dipped under our weight.

His face was buried into a pillow, his knuckles were white from gripping the duvet, and tears were trickling down his cheeks.

I felt like crumbling apart at the sight of him crying.

I gently shake his shoulder, “Luke?”

“Luke?”

He must’ve woken up, because he pulled the duvet over his head.

I tug the duvet away from his hand gently, “Luke, you’re going to suffocate yourself.”

He let out a few shaky breaths before pulling the covers away from his face.

“You okay?”

He shook his head into the pillow to wipe the remaining tears away.

I watch quietly as he took a few more deep breaths before sitting up.

The duvet pooled around him, a pillow clutched to his chest.

“Nightmare?” I ask.

I pick up a pillow nearby and start to pick at the lint.

His voice comes out nervous and raspy, “The worst.”

He fidgets around before speaking up.

“Umm....”

I look up from the small ball of lint in between my fingers.

He was looking down at his hands, leaving me staring at his brown and blonde hair.

The way it was flattened on the side he slept on.

He finally looked up, letting us study each other.

There were bags under his eyes, which were red and puffy.