"You'll Thank Me Later"

Cassidy’s POV

I was in the middle of my book when from the corner of my eye, I see the door open.

Luke’s head peeks in. “Do you mind if I come in?”

I shake my head and continue reading my book.

He walks over to my bed and quietly gets under the covers.

Soon, there’s only the sound of the soft instrumental music, slight buzzing from the air conditioner, and my page turning.

Time passed when I finally got to the end of a section of my book, “The Jubilee Express,” by Maureen Johnson.

I glanced from the first few words of a new section, “A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle,” by John Green.  

Luke’s eyes were trained to the ceiling, like he was studying the color and texture.

Continuing from where I left off, Christmas spirit builds up inside as I read the stories of the winter joy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had gotten up several times for a snack break and bathroom break, by the time I finish the book, it was already 8:30 PM.

Checking on Luke, he was still asleep.

I let out a small chuckle before slipping out the room.

Being on tour must’ve taken the energy out of him.

Flopping onto the sofa bed, I pull out the cord that stays hidden behind the TV, and connect it to my laptop.

Seconds later, the TV displayed my laptops home screen.

My phone rings somewhere in the duvet, I paw the sheets until I feel the familiar rectangle shape, and tap the answer button.

“Hello?”

“Hey Cass!” she chirped.

“Oh, hey Trace.”

“I’m a few blocks away from your place.”

“Okay, see you soon.”

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

By the time I had all the movies set up, there was a knock at the door.

Looking through the peep hole, Tracie was standing there with a few bags in her hand.

I swung the door open with a smile on my face.

“Hey”

Tracie returns the smile and hands me a bag, “Are you feeling better?”

“Yea, I’m going to call Kate and come in tomorrow.”

Tracie already moved to her usual spot on the bed and started unpacking the snacks.

“Nahh, I want you to come back on... what day is it today?”

I opened my mouth but she answered her own question, “Monday! Come back on Wednesday.”

I closed the front door and settled on the pillows beside her, “Why? I feel fine.”

She rips open a bag of veggie chips and moves on to another of popcorn, “You’ll thank me later.”

“Whatever you say,” I mumble.

She pops a piece of popcorn into her mouth,“Trust me.”

I roll my eyes and click a on the tabs I left open.

The movies were all ready and buffering on different tabs, “Which one do you wanna watch first?” I ask.

“Umm.... What If.”