𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 1

It's been a long week it seemed like every single day just stretched out longer than the last

It's been a long week it seemed like every single day just stretched out longer than the last. But today was the day not only do Sweet Pea and I turn 18 but today I finally get released out of juvie. It's been a long 2 years in here, a lot has happened since my arrest, Toni pretty much up and left me with no explanation it killed me because we were dating when I got locked up. We still stayed in contact through letters and phone calls and she even made visits happen once a month then all of a sudden nothing.

Jughead was now Serpent King, Sweet Pea Kash and Fangs were pretty much his right hand men. But the biggest bombshell was Toni getting kicked out of the Serpents and I heard she even started her own gang with her new girlfriend. I would be lying if I said I wasn't hurt by Toni but none of that mattered at this moment. I was minutes away from being reunited with my twin brother after a long 2 years I couldn't wait to finally hug SP (I've called Sweet Pea that since we were kids.)

The last time SP came to visit he brought my clothes, hair products, necessities etc for my release. It felt so weird being in actual clothes again instead of the itchy jumpsuits and slip on knock off vans we had to wear here. SP brought me some ripped skinny jeans, a black v neck shirt, black doc marten combat boots and a red flannel shirt to tie around my waist. I missed dressing like this, along with my clothes we were allowed to have curling irons and flat irons if we wanted so SP packed both. I curled my hair a style I haven't been able to wear in 2 years, did my makeup something I kinda missed. And I was set, I was ready to get the hell out of here and move on with my life.

After I got ready it was time for my release, since I was arrested as a minor my record would be wiped clean. Which I was thankful for what happened that night 2 years ago I wanted to forget about completely. "You ready to get out of here Dream?" CO Thomas asked as I finished signing the last of my paperwork "Absolutely, this place sucked I wouldn't wish this lifestyle on my worst enemy." I responded as another CO clipped off my ID tag around my wrist. Thomas chuckled "well now you know you get yourself into trouble again, it's not going to be easy living in the adult jail like it was here." I couldn't help but laugh if this was so called easy living in juvie I didn't want to see what the adult jail was like.

The walk out to the gates felt like it was taking a lifetime to reach. Once the door opened I was hit with sunlight something I wasn't all that used to. We were locked up for the majority of our day unless we were in school. And only allowed "outside" for an hour a day even then it wasn't truly outside 4 concrete walls and a cage like roof on top that was all we seen. I got my diploma the first year I was locked up and my second year I decided to take college classes for business. So walking out of these doors I was not only a high school graduate, but I had a college degree as well.

The sunlight felt amazing on my skin, something I've missed, the crisp fresh air was like a breath of new life. As we reached the gates CO Thomas handed me my release papers and gave me a handshake "good luck out in the world Dream. Make something good of yourself out there." I smiled and gave him a nod, the gates opened up and I was greeted by the huge smile of my twin brother I jumped into his arms "God I missed you so much D! Happy birthday sis!" Sweets said as he spun me around. "I missed you too Sweets! Happy birthday to you too!" I replied man how my brother has grown since I last seen him in person. It seemed like he grew more than a foot taller, he was even more muscular since the last time I've seen him.