𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 24

Life was as good as it could possibly be at the moment

Life was as good as it could possibly be at the moment. My mom was officially back in Riverdale, my baby boy was growing perfectly, and my relationship with Dream was as perfect as it could possibly be. Life hasn't been so good as it was right now.

Aside from the whole thing with Hiram I was the happiest I've ever been. There are times where I think of him but before I get into my own head I stop the thought of the man that was my dad. When I think about it he was never much of a dad, sure he gave me everything I wanted but it all came with a price. And now that I'm about to be a parent I know materialistic things mean nothing, time and your physical presence means everything.

"Are you positive you don't need anything before I leave?" Dream asked I shook my head "I'm fine baby I promise Betty will be here soon anyway." She sighed "fine but if you need me call me" she got on one knee and kissed my stomach repeatedly and muttering an "I love you son" it always made my heart burst how much she loved our son already.

She then kissed my lips repeatedly making me laugh "I'll be home in a little, make sure you set the alarm when you leave. I love you" she said as she pecked my lips again. "Alright baby be careful I love you too."

She grabbed her Serpent jacket and blew me a kiss before leaving the house. She had a Serpent meeting at the Wyrm and then she was going with her brother and Kash to check out a potential building for the shop they wanted to open. I was so proud of her.

While Dream was gone I was going to go out to lunch with Betty and have a much-needed girls afternoon. I didn't have to wait long before I got a text from Betty saying she was outside. I double-checked that Dream fed Capone before locking up the back door, grabbing my new little Louis Vuitton backpack purse Dream bought for me checking that my wallet was inside and grabbing my phone and keys.

I locked the front door and pulled out my phone to arm our security system and got into Betty's car. "Oh my goodness V you look so cute pregnant" Betty cooed. I smiled "thank you, I actually love being pregnant." I replied.

Before going to lunch we decided to get our nails done, double-checking that it was still safe for me to do so. After getting the green light to get them done I decided to go simple with shortening my nails so I wouldn't scratch the baby and chose a pretty baby blue color for my son and decided to add a letter M to one of my nails.

After Betty and I were done I was starving. We decided to eat at a Mexican restaurant because I was craving tacos and horchata.

"So how's the pregnancy been?" Betty asked after we ordered our food. "It's honestly been great. In the beginning, I was getting bad morning sickness but once I hit my second trimester it stopped. Now it's the constant need to pee and I'm always hungry but it hasn't been bad at all Dream has been amazing throughout this entire pregnancy so I'm lucky there for sure."