- 17 - Let Me Sacrifice Myself

I jumped as I heard king chuckle in my ear. His breath was warm and airy against my ear and his breath smelt like dead rabbits. I took me off my raging hunger. I need to eat. I know that I do but I am not going to eat a rabbit. At least I kept my humanity. Rabbits are pets not food.

I began having a coughing fit as i felt myself being torn apart. It felt worse than before. I could taste blood in my throat. Trying to suffercate me.

"Hey, are you okay?" King asked with concern... Does he care? He sound truly worried about me? Is it a trick?
Is this my hunger playing a trick? What is wrong with me? I feel like I am losing myself. I want to eat. I want to be human again. I want Vincent...

"i am fine just a bad cough nothing to serous. I will tell you if I feel like passing out." I smiled, pretending to care.

I should I care? After all I will eat him... That I am thinking. I am not eating a naga, even if he is a prick, who was a death wish.

"okay, I hope you will eat at the great feast. I planned it all for you my queen to be. A good fire. Everyone in the town will be there. I did this all for you." He stroked my red heated face. I looked at him and he leaned in and nearly kissed me. I put my fingers in with way.

"Its ment to be a special night. So why don't wait until that special moment later." I said with make it up we go idea. I never this plan out greatly but I hopefully, i am back to normal be soon.

King but a beautiful crown on my head. It don't suit me. I smiled anyways evern if I feel terrible that someone could have been king or queen and yet this dude is wasting time on a human, who he forced to be like this. I took a deep breath and looked at King.

"come on. Its time to go." He wrapped his hand around my arm. It was dragging me. I followed. He seem to get a bit bored of waiting. I was dragged away with him.

-few minutes after (y/n) left the cave-
--Vincent's POV-

I woke up, feeling a lot better. My head felt like shit but at least I got these killer looks.

"you're finally up." a old naga. She looked very familiar. Like I she hear somewhere else.

"Hi, who are you? Where am I?" I asked with simple question. My brain felt like my brains have been mushed up. I can smell (y/n). I can't see her. I looked around.

"calm down. You must be worried. You can call me ell. Name are so forgetful. They fade way along with unpleasant memories." Ell said as she walked towards

"okay... Where is (y/n)? Why can I smell her blood?" my mind was still trying to think how did I get here.

"she saved you and brought you here. You are her friend and she trust you?" she questioned me.

"We are friends and yeah she does trust me. Why?" I was confused. What wrong? Is she hurt?hurt? My span as I questioned the things I do not know.

"She is dying by a spell-"  "She is what! I need to get to her!" I cut off ell from speaking and I tried to get up. My chest was covered in this weird and strange pain. She can't die. Not here. If she dies... I will be alone... And here friends will think I killed her.

"I am able to cure her but it need human blood, a cristal and other special herbs. I don't have human blood or a cristal. If the last king was still alive this would be easy because is ability to turn human." she explained. She sighed and looked down like she wasn't telling the full truth.

I looked at my chest to see leave covered some of my wounds and my Gem slightly cracked. I knew what I had to do. Just a little bit off wouldn't kill me... But i will lose my ability or my life. Better than losing (Y/n). I understand I could use my ability to be with her but she will die be the spell. If I use my gem, I would save her but never get to be with her. I would be alone again or dead but I will do it if it mean saving her. Humans aren't the friendliness species on this planet. They are domant species and they care about their own survival but I am luck. I meet I caring one. I did kinda take her from her group but she was nice to me.

I grabbed the closes hard thing near me and bashed it against my gem. It had no effect so I did it again. Ell grabbed my arm and provented from hurting myself.

"Are you mad?! As you can tell not ever naga has gem like yours. You are willing to die or give up something important to save a human life." She looked at me as if I was a madman. I probably am.

"The king has a gem. My mother had gem... every king/ Queen in our history had a gem. I am not special. I am a 25 year old naga that lives in a cave. I am not special nor important. The gem means nothing but some stupid story behind it." I said. I felt like i forgot something. It is this feeling that is at the tip of my tongue. I don't remember but it is there. This black space but it not blank it just covered up.

"The Kings gem is fake. It just magic, a fake trick to the mind. He is not meant to a king. The gem represents royalty. A non gem naga can take form as a human if they kiss. That might be why King wants to marry her. To use her to

"So i am the only one who has this gem." I asked.

"Not exactly... Um... Can you get up?" She asked.

"yeah." I got up. My tail didn't suffer that much.

"follow me." She because very odd. I thought she was some old naga that used hurb medicine but seem I was wrong. I followed her in deeper into her cave.

"why do you live in a cave?" I asked.

"I am outcast just like you." Ell answer was simple but mDe sence with the crazyness of the currant king.

"we are here." She said as she moved large rock to uncover this hole in the wall. A frozen like wind gust out and attacked me with a all it might.

Ell entered and I followed her into the cold enclosure. I looked before me a dead naga. A gemmed chest purple marked, long tail, a large and well build bodied naga. I looked as no life rained with in cold blue skin, which was once a dark vibrant colour. Large goldenly yellow horns protruded from his messy short hair. His gem was smashed as in something had hit it and it must have impaled the poor guy.

Ell walked closed to the dead naga and took a piece of the gem. I still believed that the gem is unimportant and is just stories that nagas tell to make others feel impowered.  Stupid tales make stupid nagas, like the King, do anything to be in control.

"hold it." She gave me the piece of gem and my mind went fuzzy like a distant memory that has blacked out is trying to force it self. My head started to spin as this memory grew and was trying to uncover. It was so painful. Then I blink....