Chapter 24

"You're responsible for the scars that cover the left side of Xavier's face." Damian said without inflection. "He completly lost the ability to see with his left eye." He continued.

I cut in. "You already knew that."

"I suspected." He corrected.

I snorted. "You knew."

"Why, Nila?" He asked, "That's what I can't figure out."

I blinked at him in surprise. "Why I tried to kill him? I already told you, he.."

"No." He said stopping me. "Why did you panic every time I brought this up?"

I stayed silent, just looking at him. He continued, "Nila, you killed Ross in cold blood. And I know you killed again after that. To survive, yes. But what I mean is.."

"You mean.." I interrupted, "That it wasn't the first time I was put into a situation where I had to... to use force in order to get out in one piece."

"I meant you're no stranger to bloodshed. But yes, that cuts it."

I didn't want to talk about this so I pushed past him, "Don't you think it's time for" I paused, was it time for lunch or dinner. I completely lost track of time. I shook my head. Damn, I'm slowly losing my mind.

"I'm hungry" I told him, "I think I'll just go and see what Shiela has in the kitchen".

He stared at me knowing full well that it was an excuse to end the conversation. "Stop dancing around the subject."

I felt a headache starting behind my eyelids. So I decided to bring out my inner bitch. "No." I said my tone cutting glass, "I won't. Why do you even want to know so badly? I told you everything else. My reasons do not affect you. You have no right to ask me about anything. You want my trust. I'll give you only what I can. I know you'll protect me. And that's it. I'll tell you everything that directly affects you. But, anything else is mine."

I was starting to get mad and his expression was darkening. My voice kept rising with every syllable. So I took a fortifying breath to calm down, and lowered my voice. This wasn't the way to go about this. "I'm sorry. I don't want us to have a shouting match. You'll win, obviously."

His face was like stone but he made an obvious effort to be gentle. "I get it." He said, "This is personal for you." He sighed, "I might want to keep hammering at your walls until you give in but I know when to back off."

I looked at him surprised and suspicious. "You're backing off? For how long?"

He smiled. " Until you're ready to tell me."

I was still a little suspicious so I exclaimed sarcastically. "Woah, dude! Like for real!"

His scowl resurfaced in record time.

I smiled. "That's the Damian I know. Let's go and eat."

Author's note

A short follow up chapter for the previous one. Hope you liked it. Don't forget to give it a star 🌟. 😉

And I wrote this chapter so soon as an excuse to post another picture of Damian. 😂

I know I promised a picture of Liam. But I decided to leave it for the next chapter. 😍 Which gives me a reason to write the next chapter soon.

The wedding is just right around the corner. What do you think is going to happen?

Be sure to tell me in the comments ❤