Chapter 32

I groaned. "How long is this gonna take?" I asked sick of standing in the middle of the room like a mannequin for the last hour .
"It just needs a little bit more over here and then we're done. " said jack.
He was kneeling in front of me adjusting the fit of the dress around my stomach. It was a bit loose. Maybe an inch. But not really all that noticeable. Who cares about these things anyway. Apparently Jack does. He turned out to be a perfectionist. How the hell was I supposed to eat while I was wearing this thing.
" There. All done" He stood up to take in the whole dress and nodded his head satisfied with his work.
"Good" I sighed. "Now get me out of this thing before I start bleeding all over it."
Although I tried not to move a lot. I think I pulled at my stitches. They hurt like hell. I wouldn't be surprised if I started bleeding again.
He got out and called Sheila to help me out of it. The look on her face when she saw me in it was close to what I like to call gobsmacked.
She turned misty eyed." Oh child. You look gorgeous."
I held her hand blushing a bit. I didn't think I had any blushes in me. "Thank you".
She helped me out of the dress and hung it in the closet while I slid into a pair of black jeans and put on a black camisole, not without difficulty. But it wasn't terrible. I was reaching for one of my hoodies from the closet when my hand brushed old leather. I didn't even know I still had this. It was in one of the storage boxes in my house. Whoever unpacked my stuff probably put it there. I held it out in front of me and remembered a woman who used to wear it all the time. Mom used to love this jacket. It's old red leather and I always thought it made her look badass as hell. I smiled and asked Sheila to help me put it on.
A knock sounded at the door followed by "Come on. You need to go. Damein is waiting for you in the car. Hurry up, princess."
I rolled my eyes. "I'm coming."
Tomorrow morning Damien and I will be tying the knot in front of everyone. But before making it official I needed to go and claim my birthright. Yay. That should be fun. This day is already too God damn long. I can't wait for it to be over.
...........................
After sliding in beside Damien. The car started and we were on our way.
We started discussing plans for the wedding tomorrow. And then lapsed into a few minutes of silence.
"You can invite Sienna if you want". The remark was thrown at me with the subtlety of a bull. I snorted.
"Yeah. No. She's safer where she is." I hoped. At this point making any contact with her would be too much of a risk. Even if I was dying to make sure she was okay. The not knowing was hell to deal with. It didn't escape me that I threw her at a man I barley knew on the words of a dead guy. The dead guy being my father wasn't much of a comfort.
"I could protect her." he assured. Ahuh.
"I know you could, big guy. That doesn't mean that you will. I trust you with myself to an extent. I know we have the same goals at this point in the game. That in no way assures me it will always be this way. Things could change. Sienna could turn from someone you want to protect to someone you can use to hurt me." I patted his cheek gently. Aware of the scowl that grew the more I talked. "I told you I'm not going to be good at the obey part."

He muttered something under his breath tickling my wrist. All I saw was his lips moving and I forgot whatever it was he said in order to control my hormones. I blinked a few times to dispel the image growing in my mind involving those pretty lips. Shit. No touching.
Time to take the offensive. Set him on edge.
"You know I just remembered something. Now that we're so cozy and trusty. How the hell did you find me."

The second those words came out of my mouth I knew I was about to be pissed from the slow smile curving his lips. Damn him and his cursed lips. "You know I didn't find you you  I was actually looking for shadow to crack the black boxes. Which after the wedding you're going back to by the way. Imagine my surprise when it turns out the one person who I could piss everyone off by finding first, the person who knew where the black boxes are is the same person who could open them. Who turned out to be the princess to a mafia family. I should have known. You didn't just inhert your Blond hair from your father. You got his nimble hacky fingers. " he smirked at me. Hacky. Huh.

I was boiling in the inside. God damn it. I knew I should have laid back on the hacking business. I never imagined I'd be tracked through an alias that no one was able to connect to me. I smiled at him my eyes spitting fire. " How fortunate for me you're so smart you found me by accident. And by the way my hair isn't Blond. My hair is as black as a raven's wing. I dye it."  I threw at him.
"I know." he replied indulgingly, "You're roots are showing. Right here." he reached a hand and I slapped it away.
Great. Now we are resorting to childish bickering. I pouted not unlike a child. He laughed. I knew he was messing with me. Trying to take my mind off of the upcoming encounter. Well. We were almost there and I'm smiling on the inside. So I call that a win. I slipped my hand in his jacket and pinched him.

Author's note

Hey guys. I tried to make it longer. Next chapter will better I promise. ❤️ Tell me what you think.