Chapter 37

Damien POV
A few hours ago

"Where are you going?" hissed Liam following after me.

"I have some work to do." I answered heading to my car.

"Like today? Now!" he exclaimed.

I looked at him and grinned. "Now"

He ran his hand through his hair in frustration. "Okay. Okay. I'll hold down the fort for you. But you have to be there for the ceremony."

"I'll be there. Liam. I'll be there." I reassureed. 

A call from my guy inside the Knights family let me know Xavier was planning to steal the safe I have in my casino. The kind of game we have there doesn't allow for any game to start with lower than 100 k. So you can imagine the kind of money we have stashed in the main casino safe. Every week the safe was almost emptied out and the money was transferred to a safer place. That day usually was tomorrow. The safe was at its fullest today. I was busy with the wedding. So hypothetically today was the best day for him to do this kind of operation. Hypothetically of course.

Since I just gave an order to prepare my fall safe. I didn't care much for what's about to happen there. What matters most was what follows.

As soon as I entered the car my phone rang.
"Mr Evans?"

"Yes. Adam. What happened."

"It happened exactly as you said it will sir.
A destraction took the guards attention away on the highest floor. A fight broke out. They used the distraction to enter through the light dome."

No surprise there. Since the casino is on the highest two levels of the hotel and was  reached only buy a special elevator. The only other way in was the Light dome.

The guards had specific orders to be distracted and allow the fall safe to be emptied out. Almost all the money in that safe was real except a few of the bills that had tracking devices.

"And?"

"Don't worry sir. Everything went by as planned. The men gave pursuit and fell back when the time was right. They didn't make it too easy for them. They won't be suspicious. "

"They didn't make it too hard, did they? I didn't want any casualties."

"No casualties Mr Evans. Everything went by exactly as planned.  The minute they'll reach their hideout I'll send you the location."

*************

I marched into the warehouse where they had the money hidden. A few men were laying dead on the ground. Non of them seemed to be mine. Six of them were standing guard and more were inside. Glass was shattered and scattered everywhere. Dirt and grim formed a layer on the floor. The colors of the wall were indistinguishable. And trash seemed apart of the decor. A few dozen crates were stashed in the corner. This warehouse was probably one of the places they stashed drugs.

Four men were tied up and kneeling in the middle of the warehouse. Adam stood in front of them. I always thought of him as more of a British butler than a mobster. He was tall and rail thin. With a neatly trimmed mustash and a bald head. He also had no mercy. He turned when he heard my footsteps.

"Sir." he inclined his head. "Everything is under control. The money is on its way back to a safe place and..."

"And the fun is all over." I indicated the four soon to be dead men.

"I only wanted to save you some time. You have a wedding to catch. Sir." he smiled.

"Where's Xavier?" I asked. He shook his head. I sighed "Too cowardly to do his own work himself of course. Fucking bastard."