Chapter 45

Sitting encircled in someone's arms feels nice. I thought then borrowed deeper into Damien's chest. His heart was beating steadily under my palm. Fingers were tugging lightly on my hair. I sighed.

"That feels nice, " I told him and he hugged me closer as an answer placing a kiss on my temple. " But.." I said.

"But?" he asked tensing.

"We have a lot to do. I tracked down Lydia. She's working as a nurse at a clinic close to where we used to live. I think talking to her face to face would be better than to lay all of this at her on the phone. We wouldn't get in to the Mc's compound without her. "

Damien looked at me then sat up straighter on the couch. " Nila. How close are you with that girl? "

" Close enough to know she'll go with me even though she swore to never set foot in that place as long as she lived."

"Then let's go and talk to her."

"Errr. I don't think that's a good idea. I need to talk to her alone. The only thing she knows about you is that you're one of the guys that were after me two years ago. It'll be confusing as hell for you to come with me. She might think you're forcing me to contact the Mc or something. "

" OK. But at least take Liam with you. For protection. " he said.

I groaned. " Do I really have to?"

"Yeah."

********************
"What happened to your face?" I asked Liam as I got in the passenger seat beside him.

"Nothing. Just had a little fun." he answered.

"What type of fun? Fighting over a girl at a bar fun or underground fighting kind of fun?"

He laughed. "The underground kind. Yeah."

"Well. Is the damage centered to your face or.."

"Or. Now can you let it go."

"Sure." I said then put the address in the car's GPS and we were on our way.

"Sooooo." Liam said drawing it out like an annoying kid.

"So." I repeated raising my eyebrow tauntingly.

"I heard from a little bird that you and my brother were locked together in the study for more than three hours today. I thought for sure you either killed him or you broke his legendary self control and he strangled you. Imagine my surprise when I just saw both of you at the door thick as thieves. And did I actually see that little kiss you placed on his cheek? I thought for sure I was dreaming. Or that last hit I got to the head gave me a concussion. "

I rolled my eyes. "Don't push it, Liam. We're trying to work things through. At least we agreed to let each other know everything from now on and..."

"And to actually talk before jumping at each other's throats" he finished for me.

I glared at him. "You're never going to let me live that down. Aren't you?"

"Never." he laughed.

Author's note

Hey guys
Really sorry for the short update
But I'll post another one this week for sure
Probably tomorrow even
Until then. Tell me what you think of Nila's plan. And since you'll be meeting Lydia in the next chapter what do you think she'll be like? Let me know in the comments.
Love. always.