5. Friends will be friends

Mah art, I guess you can tell already. I don't like it at all, but eh. Sorry for the wait again. Hope you like the chapter, even though this one is a weird one!

No one's POV:

Over the past few weeks, Tom and Tord kept texting each other. And Tom really found out Tord's true self. A broken boy with a traumatizing past and a hard life. Yet, he still didn't know about the wheelchair Tord had to use every single day and for the rest of his life.

Tord finally had someone to talk about his problems with. And Tom promised him to listen and try to make him feel better. But Tord still felt like he was a burden to Tom. He felt like a waste of his time, but Tom always convinced him otherwise.

Tom didn't really understand all the problems that were worrying Tord since he never really experienced anything bad. The only tragic thing that happened to him was when his father got shot. But nothing worse. But people still told him he was an understanding person.

Tord needed Tom. He always needed a friend, he knew that. But never really realized how important that was until he met Tom. Tord trusted him as if he knew him for years. It was only a couple of weeks, though.

N0RSK1: I wish I could do something about it..

PineappleBoi: Hey.. You're a great person, no matter what you say!

N0RSK1: No, I'm nooooot

PineappleBoi: Yes, you aaaaare

N0RSK1: Heh.. You're lucky I trust you.

PineappleBoi: Hey...

N0RSK1: Hm?

PineappleBoi: I was just wondering.. What's your name?

Tord covered his mouth and stared at the screen. He immediately began hesitating. Did he really trust his online friend enough for this? His hands were shaking as he started typing. Tom watched the screen from the other side and waited.

N0RSK1: I'll only tell you if you tell me yours.

PineappleBoi: Deal.

N0RSK1: Tord.. My name's Tord.

PineappleBoi: Wow. I like that name!

N0RSK1: Thanks.. Your turn!

PineappleBoi: I'm Tom.

Tord smiled, his mouth still covered and his eyes softened. 'Tom.. I really like that name!' The thought rang in his head. A knock on his door scared him and made him jump slightly. The door opened, revealing Patryck, smiling at him.

"Hey there, sweetie pie! How are you doing?" Tord sent him a playful glare. "I told you not to call me that!" He said, earning a chuckle from his dad. "Heh. Anyway, we were wondering if you wanted to go outside with us! To get some fresh air!"

Tord looked back at the screen and back at Patryck. "Well, okay! I'll be there in a minute, hang on." Pat nodded in responce and closed the door on his way out.

N0RSK1: That's a really nice name!

PineappleBoi: Thanks!

N0RSK1: Hey, sorry, I gotta go. I'm going outside with my parents. You don't mind?

PineappleBoi: Mind? Of course not! Do what you want as long as it makes you happy. (You too, guys!)

N0RSK1: Heh, thanks..Tom.

PineappleBoi: No problem. Enjoy your time with your parents!

N0RSK1: Bye!

And with that, he placed down his phone and left his room, finding his parents and then, they all went outside. It was a nice day and Tord sighed, looking at all the people that were walking. Walking on their own. Using their legs. Tord knew he will never get out of this wheelchair. And that made him lose all of the hope he had left.

Tom's POV:

I left my room and went to look at what Edd was doing. What suprised me was when I saw him packing his stuff. I freaked out, my eyes turning white and my face went pale as I yelled "Edd, what are you doing!?"

He looks at me in suprise. "Oh hey Tom! I'm just-" I cut him out. "Are you moving out!? No, please don't leave!" I was basically panicking when I thought of my friend leaving me. "What? No! Matt and I are just visiting his brother! You know? Our old classmate from sixth grade? You used to fight all the time!"

I stared at him in disbelief. "Uhh.." He smiled at me. "Don't worry, we're just going to be gone for a few days." I slowly began to calm down. "Okay..? When are you coming back exactly?" I asked him. "About four to five days. In the meantime, please don't burn the house down, okay?" He joked. I punched his arm playfully. "Sure, sure, you can trust me!"

He smirked at me and we both shared a laugh. Matt came into the room, looking distracted by his reflection in a small mirror he was always carrying. We both greeted him and he looked up at us, his blue eyes sparkling with excitment. "Hello, you two!"

I helped Edd pack and we talked to each other in the meantime. Matt suddenly asked me with a small smile on his face. "So, Tom. What have you been doing on your phone? You've been on the internet quite a lot lately!" I blushed a little. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

They both grinned at me. "Have you been texting someone?" "Maybe." I answered, trying to ignore their playful tone that was just too obvious in their voices. "Ooooh! Did you find a new friend?~" Edd wiggled his eyebrows, making my cheeks heat up more.

"Guys, stop-" "TOMMIE LIKES SOMEONE!~" I hid my face in my hands. "I don't like him like that! We literally just met a few weeks ago!" That didn't stop them, though. "Oh? Tom? That's called 'love at first sight', you know?" Matt patted my back while I just stood there, slowly, but surely dying inside.

"Guys-" "Who is this guy!? What's his name? How does he look like?" They asked me tons of questions, I just stared into nothing. 'Oh, how wonderful it is to have these friends..'

Tord's POV:

"Who is he?! What's his name? What's he like!?" My eye started twitching. "We just met a few weeks ago, chill! And I'm not gay!" They both chuckled. "Maybe not gay, but you're not straight either!" My face continued to be a strawberry as they asked me questions about Tom.

"I don't like him!" "Yes, you do!~" "Only as a friend!" "Nope!" I sighed, knowing this wasn't going anywhere. Eventually, when I completely stopped responding to them, they stopped joking around.

They talked about something while I was lost in thought. I never really thought about what gender I liked. I always thought nobody would love me like that anyway so I kind of ignored this. As if wheelchair problems weren't enough anyway. Then I thought about what it would be like with Tom, but immediatelly shrugged the thought off.

'That will never happen anyway. It would also be too difficult since I don't know, how he looks, he lives far from me and he probably would never like me that way anyway.' I thought. And with that, I let the thought be and joined the chat my parents were having.

...Or was it really that impossible..?