14. Brown and blue

Hi, everybody. I wanna apologize for not updating for such a long time. School started, my birthday came up and I got sick. I had to force myself to finally do something about it and decided to write today. So I quickly drew a shitty picture and pushed myself to write. Sorry again, enjoy the chapter.

No one's POV:

N0RSK1: Tom...

PineappleBoi: Oh thank goodness, you answered.

N0RSK1: Yeah, why wouldm't I.?

PineappleBoi: I thought you did something stupid.

N0RSK1: Like what?

PineappleBoi: Umm... Something bad. To yourself.

N0RSK1: Heh.

PineappleBoi: Tord...

N0RSK1: Ain't it funny? You know me better than I do

PineappleBoi: Please tell me you're kidding

N0RSK1: If you want me to lie then yes, I'm just kidding

PineappleBoi: Tord...

Ringing filled Tord's room. Tom was calling him, but all Tord did was stare and hesitate if he should pick it up. He swiped his finger to the left, declining the call.

N0RSK1: Sorry, Tom. Not now.

PineappleBoi: Tord, please.

Tom tried calling once again, but was only met with a 'nobody joined your call' message. Yet, he kept on trying, his fingers shaking, his eyes watering, his lips trembling and his cheeks flushing. After the eighth try, he decided to try one more time. That was when Tord knew he had no choice and he picked it up.

Tord pressed his phone against his ear. "Tom." "Tord." "I'm okay." "But are you?" Silence. Tord was shaking, he heard his parents banging on the door, begging him to open it. Tom heard that too. "Tord. Your paren-" Tord cut him off. "No."

Tord's eyes watered. He knew Tom was speaking and somehow, he even heard himself answer. He didn't know what he said. Nor what Tom said. He gritted his teeth, sobbing quietly. Tom immediately shut his mouth when he heard Tord sob.

"Tord..." Tord didn't answer, tears fell down his face when he heard Tom. "Tord, please..." Tord tried to say something, but his voice cracked and he broke down into tears completely. "Tord..?" "I'm sorry..."

Tom's POV:

I was confused. "...Hey, Tord... Don't be sorry." I only heard crying and a soft noice as if he put the phone down. I still heard his parents banging on the door, calling for him. I sighed and turned on the front camera. "Tord... Look at me..."

After a few sobs I saw his face. His cheeks were red, tears trickled down his face, his caramel hair was a mess... He seemed tired. I looked into his eyes. I saw all the pain. As if a secret he was trying to keep to himself was now shared with someone who wasn't supposed to know.

Me, probably..?

"Tord... Tord, it's okay, shh.." I showed his a sad smile and he looked down, ashamed. The banging stopped and I heard footsteps leaving. Tord wiped away his tears and looked at me again, after gaining enough courage to do so. Seeing his in this state was ripping my heart out and letting it fall on the floor, smashing it into pieces. I almost heard glass shattering.

He rested his head in his palm and stared at me, his eyes half closed and red. Tear stains went all the way down to his chin. But what caught my attention were the bandages on his arm, a light red seeping through them  in some places. My stomach flipped and turned.

He took a breath. "Tom, I'm sorry for all the drama I've caused..." His voice was quiet, I could still hear the cries in it. Made it even more painful for both of us as we layed there, staring into each other's eyes.

"No, please down't apologize. I know it's all really hard for you. But..." I hesitated. Did I really want to ask him that? Make him feel guilty, possibly? Put salt into the already burning wounds he had? "Yes, Tom..?" "...Why didn't you tell me sooner..?" He looked away, unconsiously digging his nails into his cheek out of stress.

"I thought you'd judge me..." "Tord... You know I would never do that.." He shook his head. "Tom, you don't understand. EVERYONE at school were horrible to me about it. The pushed me off my wheelchair, laughed at me, made me crawl only using my arms towards my wheelchair...which they kept on pushing away so I wouldn't get to it..."

I felt my blood boil, my face reddened out of anger. "Who... Who did that?" "Like I said. My schoolmates. And guess what the teachers did about it, Tom?" I didn't say anything. I didn't dare to say anything.

"They did absolutely nothing." I growled under my breath. "I didn't manage to stay in there for long, but even for the short period of time I spent there...pretty much taught me a lesson. People can be cruel. They take what's not theirs and even laugh at other people's misery."

My eye twitched with rage. "Who did this to my Tordie?" I accidentally said aloud. Tord's eyes widened and his face went crimson red and so did I when I realized what I had said. "Umm... Anyway..." I fake coughed in an attempt to break the awkwardness, but it only made it much more intense.

"That doesn't mean all people are bad... For example your parents are nice..." "Because they're my family." "Not all parents are nice to their children, you know? Some abuse them. Hurt them." He stayed quiet, blinking awfully a lot, his cheeks still red.

"But I want you to know I'm not a bad person. And I'm not trying to hurt you. Nor trying to play that 'act'. We're not living on a stage and trying to play roles of the characters that are not us, this is real life. We don't stick to a script, we live on and deal with whatever goes in our paths." He covered his mouth.

I went silent for a while, spacing out while staring into his eyes. His beautiful, unique eyes... "Tord..." He looked back at me. "...I love you, Tord... You know that, right..?" He didn't say anything, just stared at me. I frowned. "It's true... You're an amazing friend..."

He uncovered his mouth and moved his hand to his chest, gripping his shirt. "...If I could hug you, I would...but you're too far away so.." I chuckled. But he didn't even show me a smile so I stopped.

"Tord..." No answer. "Tordie..." He shook his head. "Tordle..." "What?" I sighed. "...Since when are you unable to walk, if you don't mind me asking..?" "...At least you ask before doing anything... Since I was born. I am just unable to move them." I frowned, tightening the grip on my phone.

"...Do they hurt you?" He nodded. "Yes, but not really physical pain. It only hurts...knowing I will probably never use them in my life..." I nodded. "Mental pain hurts more than physical." "Exactly." He smiled softly and I blushed.

"It's nice...to have someone who actually listens and doesn't judge, ya know? I've missed the feeling. I can talk to my parents, but it's just not enough sometimes." I nodded, returing the smile, happy he felt better.

This conversation went on for minutes. I even made him laugh! Which made me blush.. He was just adorable! My adorable lil bean. For the whole time, I stared into his eyes, inspecting the colours closely. Brown and blue. Brown and blue... Brown...and blue...

"Tom? You alright? You stopped responding for a minute there, buddy." I looked aroudn and back at Tord. "Y-yeah, I'm fine!" 'Okay, I guess I'm stuttering now.' He chuckled. You're adorable." "No u!"

The more we talked, the more comfortable I felt. He seemed really happy with the fact he finally had someone to talk to who wouldn't judge his health. He talked and talked while I just listened and stared...

...at his brown and blue eyes.

Hi! I wanted to thank y'all for all the reads and votes this story got so far. It makes me so happy, knowing at least someone reads this.  =w= Now that I finished the chapter, my anxiety will just leave me be! ...Right..?