17. Go for it

No one's POV:

'What am I even thinking, I can't deny it forever, right?' Tord thought, sitting at the table with his parents and eating breakfast. He let his head rest in his palm as he poked the eggs with a fork, deep in thought. Of course, both Pau and Pat realized something was going on.

"Tordle? Is everything alright?" Pat asked the spaced out boy. Tord almost immediately snapped out of it, his eyes going wide. "U-uhh, what?" "Ae you okay?" Tord frowned and looked down, rubbing his arm.

"I'm fine.." Paul shook his head, getting up and putting his dirty plate in the sink. "Clearly not." Tord's cheeks went red as his fluffy caramel hair fell into his face. "How do you know when you like someone?" Both his parents were taken by suprise by this question.

"Why do you ask?" Tord looked at Patrick with tears. "Do you like someone?" Paul asked, sitting back down, looking at Tord with a smile. "I-I'm not sure.. That's why I'm asked." Pat and Pau both maintained eye contact and chuckled. "Is it Tom?"

Tord his his red face in his hands. "I don't know!" "It sure looks like it." Tord already regretted saying anything. "Just forget it.." He mumbled. He imagined getting up, cleaning up the plate and walking to his room and slamming the door to add to the drama. Sadly, it couldn't be like that. It'd take him five minutes to even get to his wheelchair. So he just sat there in silence.

Pat got up and hugged him from behind. Tord never refused a hug, especially not from his parents. He turned around and hugged his dad back, feeling much more comfortable and safe. Tord really liked hugs. They always made him feel loved, accepted and warm. He felt like he could trust the person hugging him. Sadly, not many people hugged the boy.

Tord smiled lightly as Pat let go of him. He retured the smile and retreated back to his seat. "Remember. We love you no matter what, Tordie. You can trust us and you can tell us when something's bothering you." Tord nodded, taking a long breath, gaining more confidence to explain.

"Whenever I'm taking to Tom, it just feels like everything is much brighter. He doesn't judge me for not being able to walk. He supports me.. He makes everything so much better. I feel so happy whenever he's with me.. But I still don't know if it's how friendship feels like, so what am I even thinking when wondering if I like him more?"

His parents listened closely, both smiling. "I remember thinking the same thing when Pat and I weren't together yet. Brings back nice memories. At that time, I never knew I'd be here. With you and Pat." Pat chuckled. "You goof."

Tord felt much more comfortable now. "But the feeling I always get is weird. I can feel my heartbeat get quicker and louder. I can feel my face burning up. Is that normal..?" Tord asked still a little hesitant about all this.

"For friendship? I'm quite sure that doesn't happen with friends, you know?" Paul grinned as Tord's cheeks went redder by the second. "B-but does that mean.." "Go for it." Pat said, determination quite clear in his voice.

"But what if he doesn't like me back.?" "That can be a problem. Bu what do you know? Maybe he has the same problem as you, worrying about if you like him." Tord was too scared to say anything to that. It could be true. But it didn't have to be.

"Do you know if he's queer?" Tord nodded. "He's gay." Pat clapped his hands in excitment. "Oh yeah, it's all coming together!" Tord looked down again. 'I wish..'

Meanwhile with Tom. Let's just say he found a great job at the tattoo shop. What he didn't expect was to see one of his old classmates, Betty. She was always a very nice girl and even though they weren't that close, they still remembered each other well.

He went on an interview there and to his suprise, he got the job! The fact that Betty was there might have helped a lot. Edd and Matt were hella proud of their friend. Tom tried to text Tord the news, but he didn't answer. 'I guess he's busy.'

Tom had no idea how to get ready for tomorrow. He was told to bring some of his art and designs for tattoos. Which wasn't a problem to him. He always loved to design tattoos. But he never thought it would end up like this.

He kept on checking if Tord saw the message, but it felt like hours passed by. And Tom began to worry. He just hoped he didn't get hurt. He drew and drew to pass the time, looking at the screen of his phone. Until suddenly, three dots appeared. Tord was texting.

Tom let go of his pencil and grabbed his phone as his heart sped up. Grinning at the phone, he felt like dancing around the room out of happiness. Ding!

N0RSK1: Heh, that's amazing, Tom

PineappleBoi: It is, isn't it? I'll be able to visit you!!

N0RSK1: Yeah..

PineappleBoi: Are you doing alright?

N0RSK1: Yeah, I'm okay

PineappleBoi: You sure? Do you wanna call?

N0RSK1: That'd be nice

As soon as he got that message, he tapped on the 'Call' icon and pressed the phone against his ear. He went over to his bed, abandoning all his work in progress, and lied down. Soon, the call was answered and Tord's voice greeted Tom.

"Hiii!" "Hello, Tom." Tom placed his free hand on his heart, feeling it beating out of his chest. He loved the feeling. And he was proud of it. "It's nice to hear your voice again." Tord chuckled softly, it was adorable. He was adorable. Everything about him was adorable.

"Same for you. It's calming." Blood rushed to Tom's cheeks while he was smiling like an idiot at the ceiling. "What're you doing?" Tom asked. "Lying in bed and spending time with the best person I've ever met."

"Stooop, you're making me blush!" "Hehe. You're cute." Tom's heart seemed to get quicker, he could hear it beating loudly. He almost thought Tord could hear it. The two boys were adorable together. They talked like this until they both went quiet and just enjoyed each other's presence.

Sometimes, words just aren't needed. Silence spoke for both of them. Until Tord started singing quietly without realizing. "Cotton candy skies, why can't you be mine? Always on my mind, I'm running out of time.."

Tom listened. And he listened closely. It felt strange to him. Like the song was for him. And maybe it was. Maybe Tord actually was realizing what he was doing. He knew exactly what. And he hoped Tom would know that too.

"Skies aren't always blue when I think for you. Try'na make it though, I caught you like the flu." Tord kept on singing these two verses, feeling his cheeks get redder. But Tom couldn't know that.

Tord went silent after a while. "...I love your voice." "Thank you.. The song's important to me..." Tom couldn't help but think why. But brushed it off and let it be, for now at least.

When the call ended, Tom lied in his bed, staring into nothing in perticular. He searched the song up and listened to it over and over again, hoping to read something from it.

When someone tells you a song is important to them, listen to it a few times and focus on it. Listen to the melody, the lyrics it has. You can find more about a person than you'd think.

Just a quick reminder that I love and accept y'all! Have a lovely day/noon/afternoon/night! ♥