24. This night is ours

Hey, guys? How are y'all doing? Sorry I didn't update for a while again, I literally had 0 motivation. But I'm here once again with another not-so-good chapter. But I'm quite proud of this drawing, I hope you like it too! What's your zodiac sign?  :3 Enough talking, enjoy the chapter!

No one's POV:

After what felt like hours of the two boys being seperated, they finally managed to find the time to talk to each other again. It felt like all the anxiety just vanished. Tord decided to tell Tom how he felt, expecting Tom to be weirded out. Instead, he thought it was sweet. Sometimes, we really worry about small things that later seem like such useless problems.

They talked for hours. Tom told Tord everything about his job and Tord opened up a little more about the problems he had to deal with all the time. Being in a wheelchair certainly wasn't easy. Tord always wondered what it feels like. To be able to use your legs, run in the grass, dance until you're too tired to move. However, he was also certain that all he could do was dream about it.

"I promise I'll help you as much as I can when I get there." Tom said, smiling. "I'm gonna protect you, alright?" Tord clutched his chest, smiling as well. He noticed that Tom was using 'when' and not 'if'. It made him feel reassured. That it was not impossible and that one day, they'll meet.

He sighed softly. "I wish you were here right now.." "I know, sweetie. I do too. But it won't take too long, I promise." Tord nodded, hugging his pillow. He wished that Tom was there instead, though.

"Gosh. I wanna go and hug you so bad." Tord admitted, receiving a chuckle from his boyfriend. "Same! For now, I'll be sending you virtual hugs and cuddles." Tord smiled wider, he missed him. Even if he was gone for just a few hours, it felt like eternity.

Time flew fast, it was around midnight. However, neither of the two were tired. Tom went outside and stared at the sky as the moon shone in his face. The stars were really pretty, too. "Hey, Tordle, come outside!" "Why?" "Come on!" "Okay, okay."

Tord quietly left his room, not wanting to wake up his parents. He snuck outside. All he was greeted with was silence. Only the sound of crickets and the wind blowing disturbed the peaceful quiet. "I'm outside. What now?"

"Look up at the moon. Isn't it beautiful?" Tord did as he was told and his eyes sparkled. The moon was full and it was shining bright. 'Damn, it's brighter than my future.' Tord thought, but shook it off. 'No putting yourself down. Not tonight, not ever.'

"It looks wonderful.." "I know right!" Tom then chuckled. "I feel like we're in some cliché romanting movie. Ya know, being seperated, but still looking at the moon together!" The two laughed.

After they calmed down, Tom yawned. He wasn't really feeling tired, but he wasn't really filled with energy either. "Tommie, maybe you should go to bed. It's quite late after all." He just shook his head. "No. I'm not missing this opportunity to spend time with you."

Tord sighed. "Okay.. But if you're tired, get your butt to bed." He said and turned his attention to the sky once again. He watched the stars, looking for constellations he recognized. He didn't really learn about space, but he was interested in stars. He loved the fact that a few of them could make a picture. And zodiac signs were also very interesting!

After a while of searching through the sky, he found the first constellation he ever saw. He remembered being so fascinated by it when he was younger. And that was the Ursa Major. He smiled to himself. "Hey, Tom? What zodiac sign are you?"

"Me? Well, I'm a virgo, but from what I read, I'd say it doesn't really fit me that much. How about you?" "Pisces." Tord looked around the sky, hoping to find his constellation, but with no luck. However, he managed to find the virgo one.

They both watched the stars shine and sparkle and at that moment, even if they were miles apart, they felt like they were right next to each other. They weren't alone. And knowing that, they felt at peace.

Nothing interesting needs to happen for them to enjoy their company. Sometimes, you don't need words to talk. Some people say, communication is key. If you have problems in your relationship, don't stay mad at them forever. Don't ignore them. Don't break their stuff out of anger. Talk.

Tom and Tord didn't need to use their words. They felt comfortable the way they were. Happy and gay. And both of them knew that even if they were apart, that this night belonged to them. And they were okay with that.

Tord's POV:

'Found the scorpio constellation!' I smiled. I wasn't able to find that one when I was younger! I felt like I accomplished something big. "Still lookin' at the stars, Tommie?" "Mhm. They're beautiful. Almost as beautiful as you."

Of course. As soon as he opens his mouth, compliments start coming. But I wasn't complaining. "No u!" He was about to say something when he was interrupted by a yawn. "You're tired!" "Nooo, I'm just-" "No, young man. It's bed o'clock. Get your butt to bed!"

I heard a laugh from the other side. "Young man? I'm older than you!" "Only by a year. Now go to sleep, I don't want to keep you awake if you're tired." He sighed. "Love, I'm not tired. And besides, I want to spend time with you. This night is ours! And I wanna spend it with you by my...side."

I frowned. "I understand, but you have to take care of yourself." "No. I'm staying awake!" It was sweet that he wanted to be with me, but I didn't want to keep him awake. Though, I didn't want him to leave, either.

I sighed. It'd be so much easier if he was here with me. Or if I was there. We could cuddle and hug as we were falling asleep, both smiling and happy to have each other. Though I'm gonna have to wait a bit longer for that.

"Okay, but if you feel really tired, please go to bed, okay?" "Yeah, yeah. I just wanna talk to you." So we did. We talked about zodiac signs and later about how Tom's gonna visit me. I was very excited. Who wouldn't be? Being far away from each other is ike torture, right?

As the conversation went on, we both went quieter and quieter. Not that we didn't have much to talk about, but we didn't really need to. After a few minutes of silence, I heard a soft snore from the other side. "Tom?" I whispered.

I got no responce, but heard another snore. I smiled. He fell asleep. I looked up at the stars one last time before heading back inside, locking the door and going to my room. I went back to my bedroom and layed on my bed.

I looked at my phone screen, still smiling as I yawned. I better go to sleep as well. I whispered 'goodnight' to Tom and with that, I ended the call. I hugged my pillow again and closed my eyes. This night is ours. And only ours.

Thanks for reading! This chapter was inspired by an event that happened to me. For some reason, it just stuck with me and I decided to put it into words, placing these two bois in me and my gurl's place. Hope you have a lovely day/night and I'll see you in the next chapter!