12. Opening up

Hey, hey, hey, guess who's back after vacation?  QWQ

Tom's POV:

I woke up the next day. But I was not in my casual and tired mood. I was in a terrified and tired mood. I just woke up from a nightmare. And I was actually pretty shocked when I woke up. It looked real, like it really happened. Vivid.

The nightmare was about Tord texting me. Well, spamming me. He was spamming me with messages like "Help!" or "Please, Tom! I don't know what to do anymore!" I tried calling him and he picked up the call. But I only saw him lying on the ground... He had a stab wound right where his heart was and he was losing blood. Fast.

I tried to yell and wake him up, but the call ended right before I could do anything about it. And then, I woke up. I started calming down. 'It was just a silly dream.' I thought, closing my eyes and placing my hand on my forehead, still panting as if I ran a marathon.

'Just a dream...' I froze, opening my eyes again. 'Was it..?' In one swist move, I grabbed my phone and checked if Tord was alright. I saw no new messages, but I wanted to make sure. So I texted him, shaking.

PineappleBoi: Hello?? Tord?

N0RSK1: Tom?

N0RSK1: Are you okay?

PineappleBoi: Oh, thank god! You're okay

N0RSK1: Shouldn't I be?

PineappleBoi: Sorry, I just had a nightmare about you.

N0RSK1: Wanna talk about it?

PineappleBoi: Yeah, can we call?

N0RSK1: Sure!

I tapped the 'Call' icon and waited for Tord to answer. I didn't really feel like facetiming, I did just wake up. It didn't take him long and so I pressed the phone against my ear. "Hi, Tom!" I heard Tord greet me from the other side. I smiled. "Hi."

"So, what's up?" He asked. "Nothing much. I just woke up from the nightmare so yeah." Even if I couldn't see him, I could've sworn he frowned. "Well, you said it was about me. Let's talk about that." I took a deep breath.

"Well, it was about you spamming me with text messages. Then I facetimed tou and you picked it up. I saw you bleeding out on the floor. And I couldn't do anything to save you.." I explained. He stayed silent for a while, but it was enough to make me worry if he hung up on me.

"Hello?" "...How was I bleeding out?" He asked. "I saw that you had a stab wound right where your heart is. There was...a lot of blood.." I looked down, still tearing up at the thought that something like that would happen to my Tordie.

"I'm sorry that happened to you, Tom... I wish I could go over there and hug you." I heard. I covered my eyes and sighed. "Thanks, Tord." I was truly thankful for him. He really cared about me. "Tom?" "Yeah?" "...I know how you feel."

I layed back down and closed my eyes, just listening to his voice. It was nice, his voice was pretty. Soothing and calming. "I used to have nightmares almost every night. Had to take medication to calm it down." My eyes widened. "Really..? What were they about?" "Bullying most of the time."

I shook my head. People could be so stupid sometimes. "Why were they being so mean to you? You didn't deserve that." "Heh. Like I said, I'm different." "Can you finally tell me what that means according to you?!" I raised my voice, only to be greeted with silence. My face softened.

"Sorry, Tord... You don't have to tell me." "...Thanks..." "I'm just really worried about you." I heard him sigh. "Well don't be. It's fine, there's nothing I can do about it anyway." I brushed my fingers through my messy hair.

"Is there a way I can help?" I really wanted Tord to be okay. Something was bothering him. Something big. He was keeping it a secret and I didn't know why. Maybe I could help him with his problem!

"With that? No, sorry. There's only one thing that could 'help me', Tom. And there is no way I'm getting it." I was confused. "What do you mean? What is that 'thing' you need?" "No. Don't even ask, you can't do anything about it, Tom."

I started tearing up again. "Tord..." I hugged myself, now I was really worried. What was he hiding from me? "...Tom..?" I felt something wet roll down my face. Tears..? I was crying. "Oh no, Tom... Please don't cry.." I wiped the tears away and stayed silent.

"Tommy..." I blushed at that nickname. "I didn't mean to hurt you, Tom... It's just that you really can't do anything about my problem... I can't either... Just like my parents." I shook my head. "I'm still positive I can help you." "Damn, you're stubborn."

I heard him chuckle and I smiled. "Yeah." We both went silent for a few seconds before we burst into laughter. It felt really nice. And his laugh was adorable.. "Wow, Tom. Thanks. I haven't laughed like this in a really long time." "Anytime, Tordle."

"Don't call me that!" He said, clearly flustered. I giggled. "But it's adorable!" "Well I am not adorable so don't call me that!" "No, I don't think I will, Tordle." I heard a screech and started laughing again.

"Tommy boy!" "Tordie kitten!" "Cutie pie!" My face went completely red. "What's up? Cat got your tongue?" He seemed happy with himself. I sat back up, still blushing. "Okay, okay, you won, Tordle." I sighed in defeat. He also sighed, knowing very well that he couldn't stop me from calling him that again. Heh, Cutie pie..

"Well then, Tommy boy. What do you want to do now?" I thought for a while, but the only thing that was still at the back of my mind was the thing that always makes him upset about something. Something... What was it, though?

"Tord? Why don't you want to tell me your problem?" He went silent once again and I started regretting asking. "...I'm scared you would hate me. Just like they did." This kind of shocked me. "...Do you not trust me, Tord?" I asked.

"No, not like that... I just think you wouldn't take it well." He explained. I didn't respond. I heard him groan in...pain? I immediately got worried like a mother. "Tord? Is everything okay?"

Tord's POV:

My eyes widened. What was I doing? I was still sitting, but my feet were touching the floor. I felt my body move more pressure on them, as if I was trying to stand up. My thoughts were screaming at me. "Stand up. Walk around. Run away. You don't need this wheelchair. Why would you?"

I felt like I wasn't in control of my thoughts. These ideas weren't mine. I shifted almost all my weight to my legs and dropped my phone. Tom, of course, heard this. "Tord?? Tord, answer me!" "...Tom?"

I stopped what I was doing when I felt more pain. I sat back down and let it be. I sobbed and covered my face. I heard Tom's voice. He sounded worried. Was I having another mental breakdown while calling Tom? 'God, this is so embarrassing..'

"I...I'm sorry, Tom..!" I grabbed the phone and placed it against my ear. "Tord... Tell me what's wrong..." I sighed and took a breath. "Okay, I'll tell you..."