18. Butterflies

Heyyy, I'm sorry for my lack of motivation to write  qwq  It always takes me so long and I apologize for that. I know I've apologized enough so I should just stop- Enjoy the chapter

Tom's POV:

I just came back from work. I like the job so far! The people there are quite nice as well. But I couldn't get Tord off my mind for the whole day. I sat down on the couch in the living room, pulling out my phone and texting Tord.

While I was typing, Edd came into the room with Matt. I caught a glimpse of them holding hands, but it was probably just my eyes playing tricks on me. They sat next to me. "Hey Tom! How was work?" Edd asked, his smile seemingly wider than usual.

"It went better than I expected!" I replied, feeling good about myself. I turned my attention back to the screen, seeing the typing icon. my heart sped up as I grinned. I knew the two noticed because I heard them giggling, but I couldn't care less.

N0RSK1: Hi, Tommy

PineappleBoi: Hiiiii

N0RSK1: Hru?

PineappleBoi: Great, actually! And even better now that you're here

N0RSK1: Stop iiit, you're making me bluuush

PineappleBoi: Oh am I?~

N0RSK1: Tooooom  >///<

PineappleBoi: You're adorable

N0RSK1: No u

PineappleBoi: NO U

N0RSK1: Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well

PineappleBoi: Can we stop speaking meme?

N0RSK1: Perhaps

I let out a laugh and both Edd and Matt looked at me, grinning. I immediately shut my mouth, blushing. "Don't you dare-" "Tommy loves Toooord!~" I looked away, turning even redder. 'Stop blushing, dammit.'

N0RSK1: Can we call? I need to talk to you about something

I felt my anxiety swirling in my stomach as my brain flashed a million things that could be the reason he was so serious. I didn't like it. Did I do something wrong?

PineappleBoi: Uhh okay?

I got up from the couch, walking away from the still giggling Edd and Matt and I went to hide in my room. I sat on my bed, hugging my knees close to my chest and I tapped the call icon. It didn't take Tord long to pick up.

"Hey, Tom." "Hi." I already felt uneasy. And I guess that somehow he noticed. "Hey, there's no need to be nervous, you didn't do anything wrong." That made me feel more at peace. "Okay, okay. So what is it then?"

"I wanted to ask if..uhh.. Do you like someone?" I was taken by suprise, I did NOT expect that. "Uhh.." I didn't know what to say and I felt my face burn once again. "S-sorry if I sound weird.." My heart was beating out of my chest.

"It's okay.? And I..." I was hesitant. Should I tell him? 'Maybe give him subtle hints. Take it slow. Take. It. Slow, Tom.' "I do.." There was silence on the other side. My anxiety came rushing back. "T-Tord?" "I'm fine, it's fine, don't worry.."

We sat there, both feeling really awkward. I didn't know if I should say something or let it stay quiet. But in the end, it was him who broke the silence. "How does it feel.?" And, once again, I wasn't ready.

"Do you really feel butterflies in your stomach? Does your heart speed up? Is it harder to breathe.?" I felt like he was close to panic, yet he managed to keep his voice calm. It made me a little uncomfortable.

"Yeah... It's a nice feeling, honestly." I mumbled the last part, not knowing where this conversation was going. We stayed like that in silence. And this time, I was the one that broke it. "Why do you ask?"

Tord's POV:

I could've sworn my heart skipped a beat when he asked that. I decided I was gonna be honest with him. Because if you never tell your crush you like them, you guys won't get together. I wasn't ready to tell him how I felt about him just yet, though. 'Maybe I should start dropping some subtle hints.?'

"I... I might be developing a crush on someone too.." My lips trembled. My hands were shaking. My eyes were glassy. My breath was quick. I started sweating furiously. Was I having a panic attack?

"Hey, Tord.. Calm down, please..." Why was I acting like this? I had to keep myself calm. For Tom. "Take deep breaths. It's okay, Tord, everything's fine." His voice seemed so comforting.. I could fall asleep if I wanted to, it was like a lullaby for a goodnight's sleep.

I closed my eyes, taking my time to calm down. Tom kept on saying soothing words which helped a lot. After about ten minutes, I was calm enough to speak again. "I-I'm sorry.." "For what?" "For bothering you.."

I heard a sigh from the other side. "You're not bothering me. You never are, Tord. All I care about right now is if you're okay." I rubbed my eyes while they burned from all the crying. "I'm okay now.. Thanks.." "You're welcome."

I smiled lightly, hugging my pillow. I really wished Tom was here with me, because the thing I needed the most at that moment was a hug from him. "Who do you like, if you don't mind me asking?"

'I DO mind you asking.' I thought, but pushed it to the back of my head. That just sounded rude. "I-I don't think I'm comfortable with saying that yet, Tom.." I prayed that he wouldn't question it any further. Thankfully, my prayers were answered.

"It's okay, I understand. Wanna talk more about it?" My face was a strawberry. "Yeah.." "Would it make you feel better if I told you about my crush first?" I felt my heart shatter a little, but didn't let it be noticeable. "Yeah..."

"W-well.. So I have a crush on this guy. And he's the best, we've been through a lot together and we're close. He makes my heart flutter when I just think of him and I smile when we constantly talk to each other."

My heart shattered a bit more. But I just brushed it off with a smile. "Lucky guy.." I chuckled lightly. 'If only you knew.' He giggled. "Yeah. He's amazing." It seemed like every word he said just hurt more and more.

"Anyway, your turn." I did my best to hold back my tears. "I don't really know what to say. Because you just named all the things I wanted to say." "Well then. Why don't you go for it?" I sighed. "I'm scared.. And also, they love someone else. I'm quite sure of it."

"But you never know if you never try, Tord!" I hugged the pillow tighter. "Yeah, but you never get hurt if you don't try." "Well what's the point, then? If you love something, go for it. Don't give up so easily."

I shook my head. Easy for him to say, he's not the one with a crush on his best and only friend. "I know, I know.." "And besides, who wouldn't love you? If they don't like you back, it's their loss. Because personally, I think you're one of the sweetest people on this planet." I couldn't help but smile.

"Thanks... You're amazing." "No, you are." "Heh. I'd love to keep chatting, but I need to finish something for work. I'll text you as soon as I finish it, alright?" I sighed. I needed a break to take this all in anyway.

"Alright. I'll talk to you later then. Stay safe." "You too. Buh bye!" "See ya!" He hung up the phone as I just stared at the ceiling. I felt the butterflies come back and I held my stomach from the feeling. "Jeg elsker deg."

Well, my boys are finally opening up to each other. I'm proud. I hope you guys are still enjoying this book, because I am. Oh, fun fact, this whole book is inspired by the situations I was in myself when talking about relationships. I was inspired by some of the most memorable moments so most of the things that happen in this story are from my own experience!

I hope you guys have a lovely day, I love y'all! ♥