29. Hold me close

Hey everyone I am SO SO sorry for not writing for so long. School has started for me (even though now we have online school again) and I've been getting prepared for the exams to high school. It's a bit stressful and writing isn't exactly the number 1 thing on my to-do list right now. I hope you understand, enjoy the chapter ♥

Tord's POV:

I woke up with an unusual feeling. Warmth. And a pair of arms wrapped around me tightly. I blushed, remembering Tom was here with me. This time, it wasn't just my imagination playing around. He was actually here. At last.

I smiled to myself and burried my face in his chest, hugging him close, not planning to let go any time soon. I felt his chest raise up and down in a slow pattern. I heard his heartbeat, his warm  breath, his everything. And I felt peace.

I wasn't really tired anymore so I just layed there, thinking about all the places in my town where I could take him. I wanted to go on a date, but I was super nervous. I've never been on a date, what if I screw it up? But also, what is there for me to screw up?

I looked up at the still sleeping Tom and immediately felt more reassured. I know he won't judge me for my awkwardness. My mind traveled places across town. 'There's this one candy store. And the gardens near that palace where the bishop lives. What about that park near the pond?'

Tom stopped my train of thought as he groaned tiredly and rubbed his eyes with his left hand. His two void-like eyes opened and he looked around confused. I murmured "good morning" to him, not realizing that my voice was still raspy in the morning.

We locked eyes and he smiled at me. "Hey." He then proceeded to brush my hair with his hand and I blushed even more. Was he always this cute? He chuckled at my face and looked at his phone. "It's already 9:16? Damn."

I sat up, Tom following right after. He got up and stretched, yawning. I scooted to the edge of my bed, reaching for my wheelchair. Tom instantly went to help, but not in the way I expected. He picked me up as if we were on our wedding and carefully placed me on my wheelchair.

He laughed at the fact that I was blushing even harder and hugged me. "You should get used to that, you know." He pointed out. I sighed and smiled back at him, returning the loving embrace. "I don't think I mind."

He helped me get to the kitchen. There were two plates with waffles and maple syrup, a sticky note right next to them. "We went out, be back at around lunch. If you get hungry, grab something from the fridge. Love, Pat and Paul." I read.

Without giving it too much thought, we ate our breakfast and decided to head out as well. I told Tom all the places I wanted to show him and asked where'd he like to go. "Anywhere, as long as I'm with you." Of course that cheesy idiot would say something like that. I sighed to myself. 'But he's my idiot.'

First we decided to go to that candy store since it was the closest. I loved this place. "I used to come here every day as a kid. Honestly, I still act like a little child when I see all those sweets." I grinned, my eyes sparkling looking at all the colorful and sugar-filled goods.

Tom seemed as excited as I was. After 10 minutes or so, we finally bought some and were back on our way around town. Tom was talking about Edd and Matt and how they also has a candy shop that they usually went to together back in high school.

"Every day, after school, we went to that shop and just ranted about how the teachers annoyed the hell out of us." We shared a laugh, I finally felt like I had someone to talk to. "What was so bad about high school, though?" I shrugged my shoulders. "Never been there."

He sighed. "Lucky you. The teachers don't care about you, the people there could be so rude and there were more bullies than I'd like to admit. I wasn't exactly their target so if I stayed out of whatever they were doing, it was usually okay."

I frowned. "I wasn't in school long, but I got a taste of what it feels like." Tom nodded. "I don't understand how some people can just be so...harsh. What did they get out of it?" "I don't know." We decided to stop talking about school and were back on our way to the park.

We sat down on a bench next to each other and watched the ducks swimming in the pond. Some of them went on the surface and searched if we don't have any food. After a moment of hesitation, I rested my head on Tom's shoulder. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer.

I closed my eyes, listening to the leaves dancing in the wind. "I'm really glad you're here with me, Tom." I said. "I've never had anyone care for me this much." Tom grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I felt my heart speed up, I've never held hands with anyone. Maybe because I was single all my life.

I intertwined our fingers and we sat in an awkward silence. I glanced at Tom a few times and he seemed in deep thought. As if he was rethinking his life decisions. His lips seemed so soft.. 'Kiss him.' I got startled by my own thought. I tried to shake it off, but it didn't leave.

'Should I..?'

Tom's POV:

My heartbeat was going with the speed of gay as I looked over at Tord. Our gazes met, it was as if we could read each other's minds. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer, our faces were now only inches apart.

My breathing hitched as I scooted closer and in just a second, our lips met. Tord was frozen in place so I rubbed his back to calm him down a bit. He wrapped his arms around my waist and deepened the kiss.

At that moment, it felt like we were one. As if I was searching for a piece of me that was missing and I finally found it. I almost had tears in my eyes, I never wanted to stop, to let go. It felt like all eternity before we seperated.

Out of breath we hugged each other tight, not even saying a word. We sat in silence for ten minutes before Tord looked up at me, his eyes sparkling.
"Hey Tom?" "Yeah?" "...

...I love you."