9. Any new messages?

Hi, I am very sorry for the long wait.. I really don't feel like writing lately, the chapters are rushed, they don't make any sense.. Urg.. Sorry. And, of course, it's my art again. This chapter is just inspired by how horrible it feels when the other person is not online, because even if it's only been a few days, it really does feel like years. Enjoy!

Tom's POV:

Tord. Tord, Tord, Tord. He wouldn't leave my mind. Edd and Matt came back yesterday, it has been a few days since Tord texted me... I had a bad feeling something was wrong. I missed him and just wanted him to be okay.

Both of my roommates knew about Tord and every day, they would ask me. "Any new messages?" But my response was always the same. "No, not yet." It worried me, yes, but I always decided to be patient.

I didn't give up. I tried to contact him again. Both on Hangouts and Wattpad. But no luck. He wasn't online for a few days now. I started growing paranoid and basically took it out on Edd and Matt.

"What if he got hurt!?" Edd shook his head. "Maybe he just broke his phone." "What if he got kidnapped!?" Matt sighed. "Tom, perhaps he got sick and is just too tired to text." They only tried to help. It wasn't working.

I stopped going outside and would never leave my room, unless I had to use the toilet. Edd always brought me breakfast, lunch and snacks to make sure I wasn't going to die of starvation. Matt came to check on me every now and then. They were both my precious beans.

I woke up, the smell of sweat immediately hitting my face. I sighed and got up to open the window. I inhaled the fresh air and relaxed a little. Then, a little bit of hope appeared when I heard my phone vibrate.

I grabbed it, hoping it was Tord. But too bad. It was just a notification reminding me to charge my phone. I groaned and sat back down on my bed, grabbing my charger and let my phone charge. I put my knees up to my chest, wrapping my arms around them and squeezing them. I just wanted Tord to be okay.

An hour passed when I heard a gentle knock on my door. "Tom? Are you awake? I got you breakfast." I got up and opened the door for him. "Morning, Edd. Thanks for the food." I gave him a little smile and took the food he made me.

"No problem. Any new messag-" I cut him off. "No, Edd. Still nothing." He frowned and gave me a hug. I returned it after placing my breakfast on my bedside table. "I'm sorry to hear that, Tom.." I chuckled and playfully ruffled his hair.

"Thanks for being a great friend, Edd." I said, taking my plate again and stabbing the fork into the eggs Edd prepared for me. "No problem. Come to me anytime you need anything, okay?" And with that, he shut the door and walked away. 'Oh Edd, what would I do without ya?'

After finishing my breakfast, I sat down on the floor, leaning against the wall and taking my phone. I checked if anything new happened... Nothing. I sighed, closing my eyes and putting my phone down.

"I miss you, Tord..."

Tord's POV:

I woke up and sat up on my bed, smiling. I was in a great mood. I was getting a new phone today, meaning I could text Tom again! I called out to Paul, it didn't take long for him to get to my room. He helped me get on the wheelchair and then we went to the kitchen. After that little incident, both of my parents were much more careful and overprotective. I didn't break my arm, but it still hurt. So they just wanted to keep me safe.

Pat was already there, finishing breakfast. "Good morning!" I said. He looked at us and smiled. "Morning!" He hugged us both and then turned his attention to me. "You're getting a new phone today! Are you excited?" He asked. I nodded aggressively, grinning like a child on its birthday.

Pat placed a plate full of banana bread on the table and made us some tea. While I sipped my earl grey with milk and slowly nibbled on banana bread, I let my thoughts wander back to Tom. I never thought I could miss someone so much until I met Tom. I really wondered how he was doing.

Was he okay? Was he worried about me? Did he even care.? I sighed and closed my eyes. Being in a long distance friendship is hard. Just imagine knowing someone from another country. One night, they say. "Hey, I gotta go to sleep. I'll talk to you tomorrow!" And then, before you know it... 'Last online 3 years ago.'

You lose contact. They stop texting you and you will never know what happened. Or if you both wait for years to meet in person. But that will never happen. You might never even meet them in person. That sucks too, right?

Tom was precious to me. But there were still many things that worried me. Like what if we met in person and he would think I'm weird because of my...condition..? Would he judge me? Would he laugh at me? Would he leave me? Or would he even try to help..?

I trusted Tom. I hoped that he trusted me. But we can never know what people really think about us. Maybe deep inside, they hate us. I finished my breakfast and went back to my room. I just grabbed my diary and started writing what has been happening to me lately and how was life treating me.

A few hours passed when I heard a knock on the door. I looked at who it was and...it was Patryck! He was holding a small box. I gasped in excitement and sat up. Pat laughed and handed me the box. I unwrapped it and took out a brand new phone. I smiled and gave Pat a big and tight hug. "Thank you, dad! I love you!" I shouted. I might be twenty-five, but deep inside, I was still a six year old. Always excited about everything.

Tom's POV:

I sat there on the floor, slowly losing hope. I really thought Tord wasn't going back online. God, missed him so much... And then, I heard a buzz from my phone. I just looked at it, doubting it was Tord. But then it buzzed again and again and again. I grabbed it and my eyes widened. Tord was texting me... 'I swear, God must have heard me or something.'

N0RSK1: Tom! Tom, I'm back!

N0RSK1: Oh my god, you have no idea how much I missed you

N0RSK1: I am so sorry for not responding sooner! My phone broke

N0RSK1: Please forgive me!

N0RSK1: Are you okay!?

I stared at the spam in disbelief and immediately started texting a response. I couldn't believe it. Edd was right after all! We texted for about two hours about everything that was happening, how we missed each other, what were doing and how we felt. It really felt like we haven't seen each other in years.

We just continued talking when I heard a knock on my door. "Come in!" I said, all excited and happy all of a sudden. Edd and Matt opened the door, both smiling. "So? Any new messages?" My phone buzzed and I looked back at the screen, the smile not fading.

"Yes."