30. Together forever

Hey y'all, I got some news for you. So, this book is pretty much coming to an end, because this chapter is the last one, it's all to wrap things up. And to be honest, I don't think I'll go back to writing. What I mean is this might be the last story I'll write on here. It's not that I don't enjoy it, but there's too much other stuff to be focused on and it's only making this feel like a responsibility. That, however, does not mean I'm leaving Wattpad! I'll still be here to talk to you, the stories will still be here, I just won't write anymore. I hope you understand, remember that I love you all and without you, I wouldn't be the person that I am today. So thank you and enjoy. ♥

No one's POV:

A month passed since Tom and Tord finally met in person, but it felt like they had been together their whole life. They acknowledged the fact that they were in a long distance relationship not so long ago, though it was like it all disappeared. Every day, they hugged, cuddles, held hands and grown very comfortable with each other.

They facetimed Edd and Matt every single day. Those two lovable idiots didn't change at all. Cheerful and happy. Their smiles could stop wars. They were also happy together. Everyone was happy. Life couldn't get any better.

Of course, that did not mean everything was perfect. Tord wouldn't stop apologizing for being a bother to Tom because of his condition and no matter how often Tom repeated that it was okay and that he loved Tord, it didn't stop Tord from being insecure.

A few times, they got into arguments over this which always ended with Tord balling his eyes out and Tom apologizing and comforting him. These arguments made both feel terrible. Tom felt bad since he couldn't exactly heal Tord's anxious mind, only calm it down. Tord, of course, blamed himself for every little thing he could.

Once, an argument got so bad that they agreed on giving each other some space to clear their minds. Tom spent that that time re-thinking everything and keeping calm. Tord couldn't. He just couldn't silence the screaming thoughts.

Tord went to therapy to get it out his system, he was sick of ruining his relationship. He felt way better after that session and as soon as he got home, he hugged Tom and apologized to him. That was months ago. Time flies fast, doesn't it?

Today, they were celebrating their 2 year anniversary and not even Tord's parents ever seen their boy this happy. They didn't exactly do anything fancy, they just went out on a picnic and in the evening, they just sat down in the grass and watched the stars together.

To Tord, this was a sort of a breaking point. He started taking care of himself more and tried to set his mindset to a more positive and bright side, which Tom supported fully. At that time, Tord realized he deserved better than to be taunted by his own brain.

Another year passed. The days were flying by faster than any of them could imagine. Tord was slowly more accepting of the fact that he wasn't a bother and Tom made sure to always be right there, by Tord's side.

Not so long after, a decision was made. A huge one. Tom and Tord decided to move back to Britain together. Tord's parents were, understandably sad that their boy was leaving them, but they still fully supported him. After all, he wasn't their little boy anymore. He was a full grown man now and he was happy with Tom. They knew he was in good hands.

The departure was hard, harder than you could imagine. Tord's parents received more hugs in one day than anyone else on planet Earth. Tears were shed, hugs were given, it was their time to go. Of course, they never actually left. They knew that no matter where Tord was, this was still his home. And none of them would ever forget that.

The two moved back in with Edd and Matt who seemed happier than ever. It felt like they were children again. It was a great feeling to be back together. Tord didn't go a day without texting and/or calling his dads. After all, they were always there for him. And he was there for them. From the point where he was a weak suicidal child who knew nothing of the world to the time where he could finally say "I'm happy" and genuinely mean it. And let me tell you. It was the best feeling in the world.

After all this time, Tord decided to get back to writing and pursue his interest in stories even further. Just because he couldn't physically work doesn't mean he couldn't do anything. He wrote every day, it kept him occupied when he didn't know what to do anymore. It made him happy and he finally felt like he was more than just a person that everyone should pity.

He wanted to be more than just someone going around town for everyone to turn their heads at him and whisper to themselves "Poor guy." He didn't want their pitiful looks, he wanted smiles. He wanted someone to look at him, smile and say "Good job." And that someone was Tom.

He never thought he would get this far, but after all this struggle, he finished his story and in the end, he managed to get his own book, Way too far, published. He never felt so proud of himself. His whole family was proud. The whole world was proud.

The feedback he got was astounding. Other people who were in similar situations finally spoke up and at last, he didn't feel alone anymore. He, his parents, his boyfriend, his friends, his whole family was there. And after all that, what else can you really wish for?

Now it was calm. It was dark and silent. Only the wind brushing through the trees could be heard. The streets were covered in blackness, being uncovered only with the streetlights that were shining bright night to night. It was a beautiful sight.

Tom smiled at the sky, the stars seemingly smiling back at him, as he leaned his head on his significant other's shoulder. Tom wrapped his arm around him as a responce and pulled him close.

They stayed silent, no words were needed. They looked back at all the events of their past. The part where they haven't known each other yet almost felt like it was never there. All the pain, the problems they struggled with seemed so huge at that time. Now they wonder why they were so worried in the first place. 'If only I could travel back in time and just tell myself that it's gonna get better.' Tord thought to himself.

The two boys' gaze met and everything felt back in place. How it was intended. Tord smiled. "I love you." "I love you too, hun." To Tord every time Tom said that was significant to him. Always remembering the first time he told him that.

And so, they held each other close as the moon stared down at them. They couldn't wait to make more memories together. Never letting go of each other's hands. One would say that each of them by themselves was weak. Pathetic, even. But the truth was that together, they could rule the world. And that connection between them made them strong, whether by themselves or together.

Tord sighed to himself, enjoying the silence as his mind wandered back to the memories of him and Tom. He looked over at the love of his life. 'I love him so much. Maybe one day, we're gonna get married.' He leaned more into him and hugged him tight. 'And after all this time, at last...

we are together. Together forever. And that's the way it should be.'

THE END

Well this story was a hell of a ride, but I must say, it is one of my favorites. I genuinely hope you enjoyed this story. I'm sorry to those that are sad that it's over and I'm also sorry if you thought this was rushed. And it probably was. But I still hope you enjoyed reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it. I've made great friends along the way and I'm sure I'll make new ones. I repeat one more time, just because I decided to not write anymore doesn't mean I won't be here to talk to you, answer your questions, etc. I'm not leaving any time soon.

Thank you so much for reading and remember that I love you all so much. You've made me a better person. After all, the best people I know I met on here! And I bet I'll meet more.
Thanks again and talk to you later. ♥