Awaken...

"Sometimes the road of life takes an unexpected turn and you have no choice but to accept and follow it trying to end up in the place you are supposed to be..."

~one week later~

Ian's pov

It has been one week since the day I came at Stefan's pack.

All these days I am staying constantly at the hospital next to Blaire and El is most of the time with me. Her doctors said that she is completely fine and she can leave the hospital but Blaire's doctors suggested her to stay as closer as possible so she just stays at her room without having any problem.

We have a very strong bond, she wants us to spend the more time we can together and she asks me to be constantly on her side. I am glad that my daughter and I are so close, it's like we know each other forever and being together helps not only us but Blaire as well.

Blaire...

She is completely healed, fortunately. The wound at the back side of her head has closed, her skull is not damaged anymore, her wounds, cuts, bruises and broken bones are alright now but she is still unconscious. According to the doctors my blood and our bond with Eleanor helped Blaire a lot but they also think that Beth is mostly behind Blaire's healing. We are still unable to communicate or feel Beth and Terror is doing his best all these days to feel her even for a second but without any result.

I am trying to be strong for Terror, he is howling in pain all the time, especially the nights asking his mate and this is breaking my heart. I need to support him this time, it is the first time he is so weak and broken and I feel like I can't help him. I see Blaire, I touch her, I talk to her, I can be close to her and feel her but he can't do all these with Beth and I understand his fear. Beth is a part of our bond and I am also scared about her but I know that Terror and Blaire will be in worse condition than me if anything bad happens to her. They won't bear it...

"Ian..."

I turn and look at Stefan who is coming to me with coffee for me and him. We are together all these days at the hospital. Most of the times he stays with Eleanor when I go to give blood for Blaire and sometimes he stays with her at night to let me rest in a separate room on a bed. I am glad I have him with me, I had never thought that I would ever said something like this but it is true and to be completely honest I like him a lot. He is a great man, he is taking great care of El and I can see how much he loves her and she loves him as well. He feels guilty about everything and I can understand him now and as he told me some days ago he can understand me too as we have been in the same situation although his mistake almost costed us Eleanor's life and not only Blaire's.

"Come, sit." I tell with smiling.

"Is El still sleeping?" he asks me as he sits beside me and hands me my coffee.

"Yes, it is quite early yet. Last night she was a bit nervous and she didn't sleep early. We were talking for hours until she fell asleep in my arms." I explain and he nods in understanding.

"Did you sleep at all? You look tired." I tell him worried and he sighs nervously.

"I can't rest. I am worried about Blaire and I don't know what to do..." he murmurs and looks at me with a tensed expression.

"With your mate?" I whisper shortly and he nods quickly.

"She is still in your dungeons and you are not planning to go and talk with her, right?" I ask already knowing his answer which is going to be positive.

"Wei interrogated her... She told him that your uncle's vampires forced her to join them and attack Blaire and when she denied at the forest the one of them began chasing her to kill her."