Destined...

"Into you I melt... All of me... No matter what has happened we are destined to be together..."

~some days later, late afternoon, Ian's pack~

Ian's pov

"So how are you kid?" I ask Kyle who bursts into laughter when I say the word 'kid'.

That's good, at least I listen to him laughing for the first time after Fern's party. 

This is the first time that we are talking after he left and to be honest I am too curious to know how he is doing. I was also informed from Derek that Nina is really his mate and this is a big relief for me, I am happy for him!

"Kid? El made you get in the father's role for good, huh?" he asks and I laugh not waiting such a comment.

"So split it! How are things with Nina going?" I continue impatiently.

"More than perfect! The first three days I was too distant from her and everyone else but she talked with Derek who told her the reason about it and she came to talk... This woman is something even if she too young! Anyway, we talked and we made sure to each other that we want to be together and from that moment it's like I am someone else. I got my old self back! I am happier than ever bro..." he explains quite excited and I sigh relieved.

Finally! 

He deserves the best, especially after everything that has happened. He is a great man, I admire him for the way he has been dealing with everything the last two years. He needed to feel completely loved from his mate considering things between him and George.

"You have no idea how happy I am for you! Really, Kyle this is the best news you could have told me. You took the right decision to go, a break was necessary."

"Thanks Ian, I know you mean it and you were worried for me and... Now that I mentioned it... How are you? My girls, the others, the pack?" he asks with obvious wary.

"Okay, calm down. There is nothing we couldn't handle. The pack took it well, better than we had imagined. At the beginning they were all very confused and worried but Alex, Albert and your uncle made it clear that you will be back soon so they calmed down. The family is fine, only the girls took it bad like we had thought. Tia is much better now, I talked with her on my own, we got closer and she is just a bit melancholic sometimes. Your mom was extremely worried and it took us some more effort to calm her down but now it is okay. Well... Blaire is finding her old self again, she knows what has happened with you and your father and she was out of control the day you left. It was the first time I saw your father that speechless and heartbroken and to be completely honest with you... Kyle, he has totally regretted what he has done. He asked me to talk and he was worried about you and Tia. He realized his mistake, he was trying to talk with Tia for days before you leave but he couldn't. I think you should really think about giving him a chance when you come back again. He also talked to you mother and Fern forgave him, they are better and if she says that he means it then we should believe her. Don't you think?"

We stay in an awkward silence for some seconds and I begin getting worried. I don't want him to be mad with me or think that I am taking George's side. I just want to see them all happy and united, they are a family, they deserve it.

"Kyle? I am sorry if I said something wrong, I didn't mean to..." I say worried some seconds later.

"What? No, no Ian, it is fine. I just... Well... I am just thinking about what you said. Is he really that bad? What if he is lying in order to seem worried in Blaire's eyes and wants to fool my mother?"