My Step-Brother's Best Friend (a Ziam boyxboy Fan Fiction)

UPDATE: Currently addressing the whole issue about random A symbols popping up as apostrophes, quotation marks and periods. Thank you for bearing with me. 

Author's Note: This is a boyxboy fan fiction, if you don't like these types of stories, please exit, otherwise enjoy and thanks for reading and giving this story a chance!

My Step-Brother's Best Friend

PROLOUGE:

Little Liam Payne has had the toughest of childhoods. His biological parents died at a young age and little Liam had no more choice, but to be forced to live in an orphanage. Many foster parents often choose to adopt him, but always end up not wanting him and throwing him back into orphanages. Young Liam never knew nor found out what was wrong with him... Why the foster parents who adopt him end up not wanting him or why other parents don't even consider adopting him. Liam always thought it had something to do with his appearance... He did have somewhat curly hair; maybe they didn't like curly hair...? Or maybe his personality...? Liam really was a shy young child and when there were open houses in the orphanage he always sat in the corner playing with his Toy Story toys; when Liam played with Andy and Buzz Light Year he felt like he could get away and be an actual little kid for once. Grasping his toys around their bodies softly and pretending to talk like a cowboy and a robot was the one and only way for Liam to have an actual childhood. But, once the nuns from the orphanage forced the toys out of his hand and threw them roughly into the toy box, Liam knew it was back to living in the cold, unwelcoming orphanage.

Little Liam wasn't as little anymore, he was now ten years old and felt like he was an adult. He would argue with the nuns and stomp his foot and slam doors on their faces. Sure, Liam was still the same old sweet heart he's always been playing in the corner with his Toy Story toys, but all this rejecting of the families has made him a tougher young boy. Liam has always kept a secret count on how many families leave him crumbled up and thrown back in the orphanage killing his high hopes of finding a real family someday and actually having nice memories to make, but with all this turning back of the foster families, all hopes were now gone. Liam added another tally to his mental tally mark, now there were over all, nine families who have said, 'Yes, he seems like a perfect child,' and come back returning him like he was some piece of furniture and spitting, 'He's awful, have him back.'

Liam wasn't awful, and Liam, himself, told himself that every night. Liam was just different than most other kids. He wasn't keen of sports or video games, but had a thing for Disney movies and singing. Liam loved singing that was another pastime that he enjoyed, he found himself liking singing since he turned eight at the orphanage. Liam thought it brought joy to the air and made everything happier and more positive. Liam was different, the good different, he looked at things from another perspective; out of the box. But the families thought he was weird and not normal. All these words that Liam overheard the foster families talk about him internally scarred him, but Liam tried not to show it. Liam was tough, he knew he was tough, he wanted to be tough, but deep inside Liam knew he wasn't tough, and all this rejecting made him feel unsure about himself and insecure, like he wasn't enough...like he was unwanted. Liam simply didn't have a stable childhood. He never had one and sadly never will have one because when the right family found Liam; Liam was thirteen and it wasn't soon enough to build real memories that he could call 'a happy childhood.'

The day Liam found the family that actually accepted him was September 23rd. Liam will never forget that day. He remembered the nun yelling at all the kids to hush. Thirteen-year-old Liam was in his corner reading a book in the ground. He then saw from the corner of his eye families entering the room and observing the scattered children playing quietly with their toys. Many families went to talk to the little kids since that's the age group most families focus on. Liam then saw a curly haired boy enter the room next to a woman and Liam saw that he had caught the curly haired boy's attention. The curly haired boy ran to Liam in the far back corner and stood next to him.

"Hi!" The boy that looked his age smiled at him.

Liam looked up at him and didn't do anything, he then saw from behind him a nun nudging him to talk and be polite.

Liam then looked down and mumbled, "Hi," Liam then proceeded back to reading the book.

"What are you reading there?" The curly haired boy insisted and sat next to Liam too close for Liam's liking.

Liam wasn't fond of strangers, you would think he is since he is practically around them 24/7, but Liam really doesn't like strangers because he feels like they are going to let him down by backstabbing him and kicking him back into an orphanage.

Liam shrugged and kept on reading, but he wasn't really focusing on the book he was just staring blankly at it trying to get the other boy to leave him alone.

"Well, my name's Harry," The curly haired boy, or Harry as he had told him.

The nun then walked by on purpose to 'check' on the two boys.

Liam groaned to himself, but not out loud, "I'm Liam," Liam forced politeness into his voice.

The elderly nun gave Liam a wrinkly forced smile and walked away, but still kept close to show Liam that she was listening.

"Well, I've always wanted a brother, and I saw you in the corner and I was like, 'Hey! He looks my age!'" Harry said enthusiastically, but then his enthusiasm failed and died down, "I've just always wanted a brother my age, but my mom has had a couple of miscarriages and I'm an only child and it's pretty boring..."

"Oh," was all Liam said.

The woman Harry had entered with, which Liam puzzled together as his mother, walked next to Harry and smiled at Liam sincerely, "Hello, what's your name dear?"

"Liam," Liam said forcefully.

"What a lovely name, Liam. I'm Anne; you are going to be a great addition to our family!"

Harry's face light up, "Wait!? So, Liam is going to be my brother?!" Harry jumped up and down excitedly.

"Yes, dear," Anne smiled and kissed Harry's head.

"That's great! Liam why aren't you happy?" Harry looked at him sadly that his soon-to-be 'brother' wasn't happy.

Because I know you'll let me down, I shouldn't even be getting my hopes up anyways, Liam thought.

"I'm just tired sorry," Liam lied smoothly.

Liam really wasn't looking forward to being thrown back into the orphanage.

- - - - - - - -

A/N: Please, pleaseplease, give me your feed-back and tell me if you actually want me to start this story. Thank you. :) ♥