{16}

J • I • S • U • N • G

Things never really went Jisungs way. When the bus stopped the second time Mrs Lee stepped on with paper bags in her hands. Jisung quickly looked down staring at the cage on his lap.

"Oh Jisung! What a nice coincidence!" She said sitting beside him.

"Hello Mrs Lee." He said. "Have you been shopping?"

"Yes indeed. You know Christmas is soon here." Mrs Lee smiled, tightening the scarf around her neck.

Jisung wanted to ask her why she was Christmas sopping in October, it was still two months left to December. But he kept being quiet hoping she wasn't going to ask questions.

"So what's in that cage?" She wondered.

"It's a kitten, I just brought her." Jisung answered.

"We used to have a cat when Minho still lived at home..." Mrs Lee sighed looking at the cage fondly.

The conversation was going the way Jisung didn't want it to go. He didn't want her asking about Minho and his drug problems. Am I cursed to be unlucky or what?

"By the way, have you made any progress with Minho and his, ya know, problems." Mrs Lee mumbled, moving a little closer so no one could listen to them.

"Well..." Jisung started, deciding to lie as much as he could. "I talked to him about it a few times. But one time when I met him he had taken drugs. So he went berserk and stabbed me. Then the police came and shoot him in the leg by an accident."

Mrs Lee stared at him in chock. Jisung kind of regretted lying about saying he had tried to help Minho. He hadn't even talked with Minho about his drug addiction.

"What are you saying? Has he been to the hospital?" Mrs Lee asks worry in her voice.

"Oh, I thought you knew... at least that he had been to the hospital." Jisung mumbled studying the woman.

She was breathing heavily clutching onto her coat. Jisung thought for a second that Mrs Lee would burst out in tears. But she took a deep breath and looked up at him.

"Thank you for telling me. And I'm sorry that he stabbed you. I hope you forgive him." She said in a shaky voice.

Jisung nodded and smiled at her. He couldn't talk in that moment. It hurt lying. Mrs Lee seemed so anxious about her son, like she wanted to be a mother but didn't know how to be one. She was probably very young, around 30 or maybe 37. Jisung felt pity for her.

The bus arrived at his bus stop and he jumped of taking farewell of Mrs Lee. Her bright smile was stuck in his head all the way to his apartment and into his kitchen.

Jisung sighed putting down the cage. He couldn't think of that right now, he has to take care of the kitten. The kitten meowed when he took it out of the cage. She walked around in the kitchen for a long time sniffing everything she could reach.

As Jisung watched her he began thinking about Mrs Lee and her troublemaker of a son, even though he promised himself not to. Maybe he should try and help Minho with his addiction.

The door into the apartment opened and Woojin stepped in. He squealed loudly when he saw the kitten.

"Oh my God! A kitten!" He threw himself over her and petted her soft fur. "What are you going to name it?"

"It's a girl and I'll name her Yin Yang." Jisung said putting away the cage.

"What the fuck, that is a weird name. Is it Chinese?" Woojin exclaimed picking up Yin Yang. "Can I call her Yiya?"

"That is even weirder." Jisung huffed preparing dinner.

"I take that as a yes then."

Woojin laughed behind him and Jisung smiled. At least everything was normal at home. No pretty boys running around causing problems.

The water started boiling and Jisung took out the noodles from the pantry. The snow was whirling around outside the window and it seemed to become a storm sooner that same evening.

Something was nagging in the back of Jisungs head. Guilt was eating him from the inside. He wanted to help Minho and his mom, wanted to see them in each others arms happily.

That's when Jisung decided to get Minho out of drugs. Get the family back together so they could have a normal life together. Then something hit Jisung.

"Wait what the actual fuck are you doing here?" He blurted turning around facing Woojin. "You should be in prison!"

"Ha, I got out. Forgot to tell you. Yiya distracted me." Woojin smiled scratching Yiya behind her ears.

*罒▽罒*

Hellu :)
I have a long weekend so I plan writing a lot :)
Also I plan to publish a BTS fanfiction after this book, hope you look forward to that. That book will probably be a lot more different than this book.
Hope you liked this chapter :)