Chapter 20

[20]

Dianhell

Once upon a time, there lived a beautiful maiden who goes by the name Lyra. She grew up in an orphanage and she always tells the other children that the place they call home is magical.

The children doesn't believe what Lyra is saying. But she was too excited to introduce her magical friends so she told the children to wait until midnight. Because only then will the magical people come and play.

When midnight came, Lyra sneaked outside her bedroom and walked quietly towards the door at the end of the hallway. That door was always closed and when she turned the knob, it made a little creaking sound as it opened.

Then there came a light from the other side of the door. Lyra's face brightened when she saw her three magical friends appear after the blinding light.

The first magical person to greet Lyra is the fairy queen. She is the ruler of the magical kingdom and she has the power to unite all fairies. The second one is the fairy empress. She is the strongest warrior of the land and holds the power to banish all enemies of the kingdom. The third and last magical fairy is the fairy goddess. She is the kingdom's most valuable treasure because she holds the power to give life and also destroy it.

Green is the color of life. Yeah, it's obvious. And here I am thinking that green is the color of lewdness. You know, because green-minded.

Great, Dian. May gana ka pa talagang magbiro sa oras na 'to. Napairap ako sa sarili at ipinagpatuloy ang pagbabasa sa libro.

Lyra led the three fairies to the children's bedroom. But when they entered, the children failed to see the fairies and it's only Lyra they're seeing at the door. Lyra became heartbroken because the children did not believe her and even said that she's not telling the truth. That she's crazy.

The fairies held Lyra's hands and led her outside the room, to the park. When they are alone, she asked, "Why can't they see you? Now they're thinking that I'm crazy."

"Because the children of this world denies our existence," said the fairy queen. "The old people are telling them that we're not real so they believe that we're not."

"But what about me? Why do I see you?"

The three fairies looked at each other and back at the little girl.

"Because you're not one of them. You're a fairy too," said the fairy empress.

"Okay, so we know all this fairy power thing already." sabat ko sa sarili bago ituloy ang kwento. "That fairies mean people that have unnatural abilities at kung bakit hindi sila pinapaniwalaan. Pero ano namang iniisip ni Arril para ipasama kami kay Lyra?"

"You could just continue reading." Hyatt said. "Ako na nga."

Binigay ko sa kanya ang libro na mukhang malapit nang maging abo sa sobrang luma. Sumandal naman ako sa recliner at pumikit. I can feel Khian's stare behind me. It's one of the perks of having your consciousness upgraded.

Pagkatapos sabihin ni Hyatt ang tungkol sa aura ko ay nakaramdam ako ng malamig sa buong katawan ko. Tapos pagpikit ko, nagagawa ko nang makita at maramdaman ang mga bagay at tao sa paligid ko. Like, Hyatt and Levi's powers, Khian's heartbeat, and the soil, the ground. I can feel all of it.

Hindi pa namin alam kung paano ito nangyayari. Kung paanong ngayon ko lang ito nagagawa. Kung ano nga ba talagang ginawa ko para ma-activate ito.

Pero hindi ko na muna inisip sagutin ang mga tanong. Ang mahalaga, napapatunayan na ang mga haka-haka sa buhay ko.