Chapter 27

[27]

Dianhell

"This way." sambit ng tatay ni Lyra. Iyon ang una niyang sinabi matapos namin siyang pakawalan sa bakal na pinto. After telling him about everything that happened outside the barrier, he asked grumpily to be freed and he just walked towards the staircase. We followed closely behind.

"I thought Lyra is an orphan?" sinubukan kong itanong.

"She was." Huminga siya nang malalim. "She used her power to see the past and realized we left her in the orphanage. We were followed by people like you who sought her power. Eventually, she found us hiding here, in our old house. Ever since then, we stopped the space and time in this place to hide."

"What are you hiding from? Who sought her power before us?"

"The Earth users. Like you, lady." Nilingon niya ako saglit. "They wanted to use our powers to control the world. If you can move time and space, you will be unstoppable."

Nagkatinginan kami ni Hyatt. There are others like me?

"So, where are they now?"

"I sent them back to their maker."

Napatikom ako ng bibig. Is that really his way of telling us how he killed those guys? Hindi na lang ako nagtanong pa. Baka ako ang isunod. Leche.

Nakarating na kami sa bandang gitna ng tower kung saan nakakonekta ang lumang bahay sa tabi. Doon kami pumasok at binuksan ng lalaki ang kahoy na pinto.

This scene reminded me of my childhood. That night when I knew I used my power in that bedroom, a person opened that wooden door.

I saw myself sitting on the floor, scared, vulnerable. But now, I'm seeing a different child who raised her head and gave me an angelic, innocent smile.

"Dianhell!"

Tumayo ang batang babae at patakbong lumapit nang makapasok kami sa mumunting kwarto. Niyakap niya ako nang mahigpit. Speechless, I hugged her back.

This kid has so much power within her body. At dahil mismo doon, nandito siya at nagtatago mula sa totoong mundo.

"I've been waiting for you all this time!" Lumayo siya at tinignan ako. "Arril would always send me letters about you and I couldn't do anything but wait. I am such a huge fan of yours!"

"Uh…" Wala akong nagawa kundi ngumiti. What should I do? Kids are my weakness. "Thank you?"

She giggled and turned to Hyatt. "And you, too! Thank you for bringing Dianhell here."

Umiling si Hyatt. "I didn't. She's the one who found this place. The time warp only works for someone who can move space."

"Oh. Sorry. And it's the reason why Earth users can find any time warps on land." She made a grim face. "Bad people wanted to steal my power and control their future. Thank goodness I found my parents. All these years, they've been going in and out of this time to supply my needs."

Napangiti ako. Hindi naman pala siya mag-isa. I got scared for a second back there, wondering how she's coping alone. Iyon pala, kasama niya ang tatay niya.

She's still happy.

Kumunot naman ang noo ko nang maramdaman ang kapangyarihan ni Hyatt. I can see red sparks emitting from her aura. Nilingon ko siya. "You're losing blood."

"No. I'm okay."

"The hell you are." Bakit niya tinatanggi na nawawalan siya ng dugo?

"It's fine. And we don't have much time to waste." Bumaling siya kay Lyra. "You both need to stop the war now."